Errrr F**kin ta ta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errrr F**kin ta ta

AUSTRALIAN crime and celebrity figure Mark Chopper Read is famed for his boozing and bad behaviour but the celebrity standover man claims he hasn't touched a drink in 18 months and is dying from cirrhosis.

Talking to ABC reporter Rebecca Levingston before a show at Narangba Tavern, north of Brisbane, on Wednesday night, a barely coherent Read claimed he had been diagnosed with the disease five years ago but said he had no plans for a liver transplant.

"I've got cirrhosis in the liver haven't had a drink in 18 months ... so (there's) no cure for that," he said.

"I'm not going to ask for a liver transplant. It's not fair. I'm 55 years old . . . I'm not going to put my name down against some 10-year-old or 12-year-old kid."

Read was described by the reporter as an "unsteady, sickly man who could barely keep his eyes open" and audience members later said he appeared to be suffering from a "nervous disorder", shuffling around on stage and muttering during his performance.

Read has also admitted in the past that he contracted hepatitis C from sharing razor blades in prison.

Melbourne-based Read was first diagnosed with cirrhosis five years ago.

He told the ABC that, when diagnosed, he was given between two and five years to live.

Oh well.....

Comment

I have a photo with him from a bucks night just a few months ago ... he was fkn trashed. His minder had to look after him.

Comment

Kudos for trying to bow out (dis) gracefully is all I can say. Wait for the feeding frenzy.
        Last edited by chew; 14-08-2009, 12:55 PM. Reason: added dis after reading vipers post
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
          His minder had to look after him.
          Minder?

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
            Kudos for trying to bow out gracefully is all I can say. Wait for the feeding frenzy.
            +1.

He is a likeble bloke

Comment

Now look what you made me do...
              Find me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
                Minder?

yeah he has a bloke that goes out with him to look after him ... like his own personal security guard I guess.

He couldn't even answer us about getting a photo he was that shitfaced.

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
                  Minder?
                  Terry McCann?
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Shitty way to die, no matter who you are or what you've done.
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

At least he was a true oldschool hardman, not some drug peddling gangster.
                      It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

True Australian Icon i guess you could say. Want's to die in peace, respectable that he doesn't want to get the liver transplant. Probably think's he doesn't deserve it, not a good way to die though.

Comment

''living'' proof that crime does pay...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael/ View Post
                            True Australian Icon i guess you could say. Want's to die in peace, respectable that he doesn't want to get the liver transplant. Probably think's he doesn't deserve it, not a good way to die though.
                            I agree 100%.

But is any way a GOOD way to die?

Look at George Best, he had a liver transplant in his 50's. Most people said he didn't deserve to get one, and then he continued to drink???? And yes, he drank himself to death.

IMHO It's a great way to die^_^

Don't take life so seriously, coz none of us get out of it alive.

Comment

yes he did bad shit but at least i will give him kudos for his attitude towards the transplant...with his now media type attraction he could well get bumped up the line for a liver.....we all have to die of something...
                              A site all parents should check regulary
                              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Working...
                              X