Pythons unite (no S.O.A.P)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pythons unite (no S.O.A.P)

The five surviving members of Britain's famed Monty Python comedy troupe are to reunite for a 40th anniversary bash in New York, where they will be presented with a BAFTA Special Award.

The Monty Python team, which shot to international fame in the late 1960s and 1970s with their surreal and satirical humour, will receive the award on October 15, said the British Academy of Film and Television Arts on Wednesday.
    The gong marks their outstanding contribution to film and television.

The five - John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin - are all due to attend. The sixth Python, Graham Chapman, died in 1989.
    ``I believe these trinkets are more important than people think,'' Cleese said.

The event would be co-hosted by BAFTA and the Independent Film Channel to mark the 40 years since the sketch show Monty Python's Flying Circus was first broadcast on October 5, 1969.

``We're absolutely delighted to co-host this event celebrating the 40th anniversary of the incomparable Monty Python,'' said BAFTA chairman David Parfitt.

``It promises to be a rare and memorable occasion bringing the hugely talented Monty Python team together again and we feel that the Special Award is a fitting tribute to this much-loved and singularly British institution.''

BAFTA last honoured the Monty Python team in 1987 when they were presented with the Michael Balcon Award for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema.

Previous Special Award recipients include Audrey Hepburn, Judi Dench, Richard Attenborough, Billy Connolly, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters and James bond producers EON.

SOAP?

Soap on a pope?
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I think he means Simple Object Access Protocol, such that there will be no Web Service access to the event.

Comment

fuck i hope one of them doesnt die the night before again.

that would suck
        As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

I have been forced to watch a hell of a lot of monty python comedy, including spamalot, it has to be some of the most fucking dull, pea-brain comedy I have ever been forced to endure. I HOPE one of them dies the night before and that the rest get dementure and can't create another pile of crap that they call comedy.

Comment

grum: mine is recursive, it wins

edit: and polony turns up, and just has to take the opposing view, because he's special.
            Or to quote python: I'm here for an argument
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
              I have been forced to watch a hell of a lot of monty python comedy, including spamalot, it has to be some of the most fucking dull, pea-brain comedy I have ever been forced to endure. I HOPE one of them dies the night before and that the rest get dementure and can't create another pile of crap that they call comedy.
              So your not really a big fan then?

Faulty Towers is the only funny thing to come out of the Monty Python bunch, that and the quest for the holy grail.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                grum: mine is recursive, it wins

edit: and polony turns up, and just has to take the opposing view, because he's special.
                Or to quote python: I'm here for an argument
                No. I take the opposing view because I have seen more than enough of it to make a qualified judgement, and it is a pile of horse shit. I accept that the majority of people in this world find it funny, I can respect that, but I will make it clear that there are people that think they are fucking retards. The only british comedy I will ever acknowledge are the tv series Faulty Towers(which is believe is monty python) and are you being served, the rest is unbearable.

Does anyone else agree with me?

*tumbleweed blows past*

Comment

I believed you, until you mentioned are you being served.

Rule 1 is never overdo the troll, you need to let people think you may be serious.

Comment

Comment

What about Red Dwarf, IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, Big Train, The fast show, Mitchell webber look, The Young ones and an arse load more that I cant be bothered listing?
                      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                        Ah.

Side question: why would someone get on a plane run by the "Snakes on a Plane" company and NOT expect to find snakes on said plane?

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                          I believed you, until you mentioned are you being served.

Rule 1 is never overdo the troll, you need to let people think you may be serious.
                          I'll give you 5/10. I do hate monty python with a passion, but you did manage pick out the bit that was shit stirring

Comment

Monty Python rocks.

Finally getting a BAFTA, kudos.

Comment

Cleese needs the money now. Loved his quote of "imagine what she'd have got if she'd contributed something to the relationship"
                              "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X