Warning: Mandurah riders / visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Mandurah riders / visitors

Mandurah city council in there wisdom has decided to put a 1ft high 1ft wide peice of concrete in the middle of the road where the terrace comes out onto Pinjarah Rd in attemp to create a merge lane (FAIL!!). Its really easy to miss as they have stuck cats eyes on it so it blends in nicely to the road. Driving past this morning (in the rain) and saw a 4wd mount it and do all sorts of damage. WATCH OUT FOR IT PEEPS!! Another golden moment by the Mandurah city council. I didnt think they could stuff up the Terrace any more than they have until this. What next?
    Why me? I was being overtaken when you had the radar on me!!!

It's actually an extra lane, not a merge lane. I have no idea why they haven't just put an unbroken white line there (as normal when a side street turns into another road with an added lane) instead of the huge concrete curb.

Mandurah council have done some ridiculous things in relation to traffic management in recent times. I don't believe that the principle of this change is one of them, however the application by putting the concrete there probably is. Having said that the example of the 4WD mounting the concrete probably proves the point that Mandurah drivers need the physical barrier to stop them drifting into the wrong lane.

Comment

they should have left it where the traffic could flow in the other direction, ie north through the foreshore

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
        they should have left it where the traffic could flow in the other direction, ie north through the foreshore

+1

Comment

Can't wait to see the effect of forcing the one lane when the tourists hit Mandurah next. Traffic is already blocked way past the round-about with two lanes.

Guess the next step will be to install a 'no right hand turn' at Scholl St so that it is even more inconvenient to get to HallsHead.
          Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

Well the new Bunbury link opens in a month, so they are probably hoping all the tourists bypass the town..
            :stupid:

Comment

just saw it tonight, how shit!......

in other news, theres 10 speed humps on the coast road near wakiki beach, on corners too no more riding fun down there

Comment

Yes, dicovered the one on the 25 km/hr bend in the dark of night while I was NOT DOING 25 a few weeks back.
                Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                  +2

Comment

Have seen a couple of 4wd totally ignoring the left only turn and swing straight over to the barricade and go onto the bridge..Wish my lil car had more clearance...
                    May the wind always be at your back..!!

Comment

Thought i would attach a pic (dont know how to make it bigger on page.Only thumbnail. Anyone?) Dont you like how the merge off the terrace runs straight into the parking lane. Although it is supposed to be a clearway at certain times but as the pic shows, signs are are a bit over rated in Mandurah. The "I'LL PARK WHEREVER I LIKE!!" attitude is still standard practice down here...lol.
                      Attached Files
                      Why me? I was being overtaken when you had the radar on me!!!

Comment

That road format is completely unnecessary and fuckin stupid. When I first read this post I had no idea what was going on? But now I see the picture I wonder who the hell designs these things. Do they have a few drinks and then get the crayons out and design this shit! Fuck me!
                        sigpic

Comment

you have to understand the people in mandurah to under stand the council. . .

people in mandurah like doing a handful of things. . . drag racing in poorly modified commonwhores and furds, drifting said vehicles, doing burn outs, and smoking weed.

round abouts allow drifting, not having to stop at a stop street so you can still hold onto your bong while driving and not having to hit 1st gear

vast vast numbers of traffic lights now mean you can drag your mates 11 times between falcon and secret harbour (or if you're commuting, add an extra 20 mins to your commute)

this 'LANE' is not really a lane at all, its simply a rolling start for bogans bog lapping through town vs the bogans bog lapping the oh so awesome and cool skate park.

just wait for one of mandurahs many many elderly to mount the said kerb, get stuck and wiped out by one of the afforementioned bogans on a victory lap after successfully drifting the skate park round about.

im a civil designer by trade, i would assume, that kerb is so high so that you have 'sight distance' coming over the bridge, if it was lower, it would be out of your visual range at a set distance doing the set 50km/hr over the bridge, which has a nice bump at the end, which if you're not aware of would take away the extra split second to respond. . . lol i love the MCC
                          Last edited by GSXRossi; 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X