Comment

Watsthatthen?

Someone push the wrong button ??
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

So what has happened exactly? They reckon it'll take 7 weeks to cap it?
        They've just started putting a LOT of rigs around Exmouth, I'd hate to think of the ecological repercussions should something like this happen here.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what the root cause is...

Comment

BOP? Nice effort.
            User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

I like the OP.
              It's posts are always so entertaining.
              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

I still need someone to tell me what happened.

All it looks like to me is someone flushed the dunny before it was hooked up and the stench was so bad they all had to leave.
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

at a guess that's crude oil spraying down, but I guess it could be the septic overflow.....

I bet the first recommendation is that a recovery rig is stationed on the WA coast somewhere if they are going to keep drilling.
                  Dead Man's Hand
                  Internationational Porter Protection Group
                  Just call me Pat

Comment

Sceptic..... Funny....

They have to get some weighted drilling fluid and control the
                    flow of gas/oil..

Think they getting another rig in to drill a relief well.....

Comment

There was a leak of Oil and Natural Gas from the rig due to some kind of failure.
                      From what I heard the slick was 30m wide by 30km long or some such.
                      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Ironically (talking about environmental repercussions) the EPA began when a massive oil rig leaked off the santa barbara coast in california. Huge oil spill (1960's) and the environmental movement kinda kicked off then with people being so upset that drill rigs were in such a high earthquake prone area. 40+ years of being banned and the governator just repealed the ban allowing drilling to restart. I am sure that technology has moved forward but it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                          Sceptic..... Funny....

They have to get some weighted drilling fluid and control the
                          flow of gas/oil..

Think they getting another rig in to drill a relief well.....
                          No sceptics here mate. The relief rig is coming from Singapore, won't be here/there for another week or more....then it's gonna take a few weeks to drill in the new well and plug it. At least we know there's oil there, but seeing that there isn't a great deal of environmental damage at this stage (compared to others "disasters" of this type) it don't look like a great deal of oil is to be found in that field.

Originally posted by browncow View Post
                          There was a leak of Oil and Natural Gas from the rig due to some kind of failure.
                          From what I heard the slick was 30m wide by 30km long or some such.
                          I heard hat the well had had a large concrete plug installed, and that this plug actually failed, causing the problems as we see here.
                          Dead Man's Hand
                          Internationational Porter Protection Group
                          Just call me Pat

Comment

Seadrill would like to emphasize that the leak did not emanate from the West Atlas. The hydrocarbon discharge originates from a well on the Montara wellhead platform. The cause of the leak is unknown.

Comment

According to PTTEP, 150 litres of oil was released into the ocean and has continued to leak since Friday, creating an oil slick eight nautical miles long and 30 meters wide.

West Atlas oil spill highlights response shortcomings | G-Online, the best of green
                              User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X