Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batten Down the Hatches

From BOM

A vigorous westerly airstream associated with a deep low south of the state is expected to cause widespread damaging winds to 110 kilometres per hour that could result in damage to property. In isolated areas of the Southwest district and adjacent South Coastal district locally destructive gusts in excess of 125 kilometres per hour may cause significant damage or destruction of property.
    Severe winds over the Southwest and Lower West Districts are expected to extend eastwards during the day, reaching Esperance in the evening. Showers and winds over the Perth Metropolitan area will be at their peak until early evening.

Heavy surf conditions are forecast for coastal parts and some beach erosion is possible. The very large swell should peak on Friday night.

Cape Leeuwin recorded a wind gust to 117 kilometres per hour at 8:44am and Cape Naturaliste 109 kilometres per hour at 8:43am.

In the Perth Metropolitan area, Bickley recorded a wind gust to 96 kilometres per hour at 12:08pm and Rottnest Island 96 kilometres per hour at 12:09pm.
    FESA State Emergency Service [SES] advises people to secure loose objects, move vehicles under cover and stay inside away from windows when severe winds develop. If caught outside find shelter away from trees, powerlines, storm water drains and streams. Boat owners should make sure their boats are securely moored. If driving through heavy rain slow down and turn your lights on or if visibility becomes low pull over and park until it passes.

my mums poor nanna dog near got blown away when she went outside to answer the call of nature .. I must admit it was rather amusing to watch, till I had to go outside to rescu her >.<

Comment

Yay, should be an interesting ride home
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Kytty View Post
        my mums poor nanna dog near got blown away when she went outside to answer the call of nature
        Your mum needs to get herself an indoor loo, methinks.
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Yep, looking forward to the ride home at 5 tonight!

Comment

I walked up to the front door and nearly got blown through it! :o
            Originally posted by Amac
            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              I walked up to the front door and nearly got blown through it! :o
              Sounds like that glory hole installation almost paid off!
              Originally posted by Melkor
              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                Sounds like that glory hole installation almost paid off!

Anyone think they can get a postie to exceed the highest predicted wind speed(125km/h)? I know of a good hill with the wind to your back
                Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Yeah look out for the wheelie bins on the curb sides too, they were attempting to merge on the Albany Hwy earlier today!
                  User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

^^ yep i can believe that one! should see my street right now....looks like Tamalla park
                    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                    And forgive us our lanesplitting
                    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                    And lead us not into gravel corners
                    But deliver us from hand-held radars
                    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

sun is out a little bit up in the hills..
                      comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Shit...I shall be swerving all over the road.
                        No rush home tonight guys/gals...be safe

Comment

I had to go to the bank today and the wind was very strong and as i closed the door it slammed closed and the bank was full of people i felt very small.LOL.

Comment

The power was out most of the day in Bayswater, Its back on now but.... if you can avoid those nasty lightsthat are head frucks when they are working and can only get worse when they are not.... you may save yourself time and stress....

Comment

Looks like a fun ride home. Yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X