Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclists face zero alchohol limit

Motorcyclists face zero alcohol limit | The Courier-Mail

I don't think it's a bad idea. Personally the most I have ever had before riding is a single beer.
    I don't think it's really going to reduce the road toll though.
    im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Having been stuck on the fucking zero tolerance for a year I am dead set against it. All I want is to be able to have ONE fucking beer/wine to enjoy with my dinner, I am less than a month away from being able to do that, I will go ape shit if this ever went through here, and I feel for the queenslanders.

Comment

Im same, one beer enough for me...

Dont think its a bad idea......

Ride hard, sweat, then drink..

Comment

NO!! imagine how the single light beer you had at lunch will void your insurance.
        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post
          Personally the most I have ever had before riding is a single beer.
          Me too... But I don't support this at all.
          I'd like to be able to have one drink and ride home with the knowledge my BAC will probably be 2/10ths of bugger all, but enough to get me busted for DD.

If you want zero, make it uniform for all road users... Not a specific segment of us.

Comment

I'm all for it, provided that same thing applies to cars.

Which is to say, I'm not for it at all in its current format.
            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Double do not want! Either bring it in for everybody (including politicians), or leave us the fuck alone.
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

And I thought the main cause of Motorcycle accidents was car drivers not paying attention.
                After a drink or 2 you would now have to drive your car ?

Interesting that they claim to be looking at this to reduce motorcycle accidents, but they don't give any statistics of alcohol being a contributing factor.
                Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

I've personally never been out driving or riding near the blood alcohol limit, though I have had a beer at the behest of peer pressure before. I don't imagine myself unable to turn it down if a zero tolerance policy is enforced, however. Considering I drink maybe twice a year if it's a good year, and get drunk maybe once every two years if I'm trying, living with zero tolerance altogether would be no problem for me personally.

Now that we've gotten the fact that I'm a sissy la la pansy out the way, I'm still against zero tolerance in enforcement. Make the limit larger than the conceivable error on an uncalibrated breathalyser, and even then probably pad it a bit for people who were drinking the day before and can't physically feel the fact that any alcohol is left in their system, and at least you'll have a realistic zero tolerance policy that doesn't harass people who are trying to do the right thing. Trying for anywhere below that level will just result in people being arrested who are doing the right thing, or harassed for false positives and detained for the blood test.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

I never drink if Im going to be riding, but that is my personal choice. If they feel it is such an issue, make it 0% across the board, not just motorcycles.
                      As with all these things, if we accept this, whats next?
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Fucking great. I often go for a ride to some pub in the middle of nowhere to have a beer... I'm not real keen on the idea of being in a police chase because I had ONE fucking drink.

All or nothing. If it's motorcyclists, it's EVERYONE.
                        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                          I will go ape shit if this ever went through here
                          Let me guess - you'll riot outside Parliament House?
                          Originally posted by Melkor
                          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Queensland Transport is investigating the benefits of a zero alcohol limit as part of its four-year motorcycle safety strategy, along with new technology to prevent bikes escaping speed camera detection.
                            I'd be interested to see how many fatalities involved low blood alcohol levels..

Sounds like another band-aid solution while the proper issues get ignored.... as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                              I'd be interested to see how many fatalities involved low blood alcohol levels..

Sounds like another band-aid solution while the proper issues get ignored.... as usual.
                              Yep, A conspiracy to make riding a bike a less and less attractive form of transport, thus lowering road toll, fuckers.

Comment

Working...
                              X