Truck overturned Roe Hwy & Gt Eastern intersection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck overturned Roe Hwy & Gt Eastern intersection

I saw a truck overturned coming up Roe Hwy towards the city at the Great Eastern Highway intersection this afternoon at 4pm... it was on its side and there were heaps of cops, fire fighters and truck towers, so there could still be traffic.
    Originally posted by redfern
    If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Oops, trying to make the green light???

Crap intersection for heavy loads anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
      Oops, trying to make the green light???

Crap intersection for heavy loads anyways.....
      Oh yeah, that reminds me... traffic lights were out (flashing orange) so police were directing traffic, but I didn't see any poles down from where I was.
      Originally posted by redfern
      If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

I have seen about 4 container trucks do this at this intersection in the last 2 years , top heavy trailers moving to fast .
        Photo of today's lay down taken from my drivers seat

In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
        The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Was thinking on the way home (didn't slow me down, just zipped down the middle and around I went next wave from the Policeman ) what happens to the driver???

Do they have to do a driver training course after something like this??

Get their pay docked???

Lose their job???

Go on restricted hours??

Comment

Its never happened to me ( touch wood ) so i couldn't say what happens Stoneville

Comment

I remember when years ago a big semi wiped out several cars coming throught this intersection... people got killed as I remember. Still gives me shivers to think about it... I think that time the truck's brakes failed halfway down Greenmount Hill (hence the "arrester bed" that was put there afterwards).

Roe/GE Hwy has pretty tight corners, so I today's incident might have been from a misjudgement of speed round the corner. Easy to do at the bottom of a smooth Greenmount Hill run or slowing down off Great Northern Hwy.
              Last edited by mononoke; 16-09-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Dat was diffrent and because of that accident we had arrester beds installed. The trucks brakes failed on that accident.

I have seen a few trucks do that on that exact corner. not a great camber corner, trying to make the light with enough momentum to get up the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENGSXR View Post
                  I have seen about 4 container trucks do this at this intersection in the last 2 years , top heavy trailers moving to fast .
                  Photo of today's lay down taken from my drivers seat

Typical fkn truck ... get outta the right lane ^_^

Comment

Yes, definitely (he he, I was editing my post just as you put yours up ). Its a pretty full-on intersection, with so many trucks heading east/coming from the east along GE Hwy.

Comment

Originally posted by mononoke View Post
                      I remember when years ago a big semi wiped out several cars coming throught this intersection... people got killed as I remember. Still gives me shivers to think about it...
                      From memory the driver picked up a trailer that had been sitting on a farm for about a year ( seasonal work grain or some shit like that ) didn't check it over properly just assumed that the farmer had done everything and shot of with it , started coming down the hill with only the trucks brakes and soon cooked them and ran out of air , driver becomes passenger the rest is messy .
                      Back then they didn't have a speed limit of 40kph for truck coming down the hill .

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENGSXR View Post
                        From memory the driver picked up a trailer that had been sitting on a farm for about a year ( seasonal work grain or some shit like that ) didn't check it over properly just assumed that the farmer had done everything and shot of with it , started coming down the hill with only the trucks brakes and soon cooked them and ran out of air , driver becomes passenger the rest is messy .
                        Back then they didn't have a speed limit of 40kph for truck coming down the hill .

I too remember that, my sister lived across the road from the resting place of the truck, for years every winter wheat grew on the median strip from when the trailer tipped over,

Comment

i just passed that intersection..

there's a bit of diesel turning from gt. eastern onto roe highway .. but it's on the other side of the accident.. hmm..

Comment

Working...
                          X