Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police consider axing "high performance cars"

High-powered police cars face budget axe - The West Australian

Traffic police may soon be driving family sedans instead of high- performance vehicles as part of a measure to meet the 10 per cent cuts to vehicle fleet expenditure demanded by the State Government.

A spokesman for Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan said yesterday that a hold had been put on ordering more Ford XR6 turbo sedans until a review of its leased fleet was completed. He said no decision had yet been made on the reconfiguration of the fleet. But it is understood serious consideration is being given to discarding about 100 XR6s and Holden SV6 performance vehicles used for road patrols and which allows them to keep pace with the souped-up cars driven by hoons.
    better watch out for those high performance SV6's
    Originally posted by polonY
    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Those XR6 turbo's BOOT though.
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

Realistically in suburbs they are not needed.. Especially with the SOPS put on police officers when driving them in anger.

I still think they should be available for highway patrols etc.

Comment

hehe to keep pace with "souped up cars driven by hoons". Ah well they'll find another way to keep us all in line

Comment

souped-up?

Is that even a fucking word? Are they getting the work experience kid to write these stories?

For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Pffftttt...SV6.

I have an interesting story about a "high performance" police SV6 and a Mazda SP23 driven by yours truly out on a certain east bound highway in the wee hours of the morning recently.

Needless to say I never did find out what they wanted to talk to me about...

XR6 turbo though is totally different story. I reckon I would have found out what the problem was within about 30 seconds.

Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
              Those XR6 turbo's BOOT though.
              Pity they don't stop or turn too well though

Comment

maybe theyre sorta admitting there really is not such a great problem with hoons despite the rantings of "monica tosh" and today tonight :mellow:

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                  souped-up?

Is that even a fucking word? Are they getting the work experience kid to write these stories?
                  it is disturbingly common in print media.

Comment

Bring back the V8's and the bikes.
                    -JC-

Comment

yeah, "last of the turbo inline six cylinder interceptors" just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Haha fail.

Comment

no v8's
                          no bikes
                          no "high performance" pursuit cars

Soon all thats gonna be left is colourful language to try catch criminals
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Mr DJ View Post
                            Pffftttt...SV6.

I have an interesting story about a "high performance" police SV6 and a Mazda SP23 driven by yours truly out on a certain east bound highway in the wee hours of the morning recently.

Needless to say I never did find out what they wanted to talk to me about...

XR6 turbo though is totally different story. I reckon I would have found out what the problem was within about 30 seconds.

Comment

stop this is the police... please?

soon to be common words
                              Master of the missed signals

Comment

Working...
                              X