18 months (9 months in reality) for killing a rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 months (9 months in reality) for killing a rider

"A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to 18 months jail over a crash that claimed the life of motorcyclist at Yangebup, south of Perth.
    Matthew Dodd was found guilty of dangerous driving causing the death of 43-year-old Brian Williams in January last year.
    Dodd drove through a red light and hit Mr Williams motorcycle.
    He then fled the scene.
    Dodd will have to serve nine months before he can be released.
    Outside the court, a friend of the deceased, Jim Chandler, said he was disappointed with the sentence.
    "There's children at home that don't understand and they're devastated and nine months for doing what he's done it's wrong," he said.
    "They're a mess, the kids have been a mess since the accident they don't understand they're still waiting for their dad to come home and it's no good, it's all wrong the justice system.""

Pretty poor by the courts, yet again

So typical.

Poor kids, these people don't realise what they do to the family's of the lost.

Comment

Running a red light, killing someone, and failing to stop should be shooting in the balls by firing squad, followed by crucifixion outside the dpi as an example to new drivers.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

why give him a sentence and then he only has to serve half of it....still doesnt make sense to me

yet again the fucking judge is a soft prick
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

I don't care that I wasn't at the scene, that I don't know what happened there or in the courtroom, that I know nothing about this but for what some numbnuts in a newspaper has decided he wants me to hear.

KILL HIM STRING HIM UP MAKE HIM EAT HIS CHILDREN WHAT A BASTARD NOT 18 MONTHS NO EVN 18 YEARS ISN'tT LONG ENUF!

!!

!!1!!!
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

I don't care that I wasn't at the scene, that I don't know what happened there or in the courtroom, that I know nothing about this but for what some numbnuts in a newspaper has decided he wants me to hear.

KILL HIM STRING HIM UP MAKE HIM EAT HIS CHILDREN WHAT A BASTARD NOT 18 MONTHS NO EVN 18 YEARS ISN'tT LONG ENUF!

!!

!!1!!!

So if the driver had a tough childhood, a drinking problem, whatever, it negates the fact that he ended up killing someone - and then legged it out of there (possibly in fear, but why is irrelevant).

If common sense is a bandwagon then I am definitely jumping the fuck on it.

Same thing with people that murder others, and then get reduced sentences because of extenuating personal circumstances - how is their childhood relevant. they still murdered someone. Tell the dead person, raped person, brutally beaten wife etc and see how much of a "oh tahts terrible" you get out of them.

Comment

what infernale said
              Cheers,
              Mikey

-----------------------------------------------------------------
              you've never been lost until you've been lost at 200km/h

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Running a red light, killing someone, and failing to stop should be shooting in the balls by firing squad, followed by crucifixion outside the dpi as an example to new drivers.
                +1

either that, or have them put in stocks with a sign showing what he did. and instructions to beat him. screw this cager's 'civil rights'
                Originally posted by Pkunk
                It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

No, I'm not making commentary about the sentence or the case. how can I, when I don't know anything about it apart from a small piece of journalism?
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by infernale;1610589 [I
                    Matthew Dodd was found guilty of dangerous driving causing the death of 43-year-old Brian Williams in January last year.[/I]
                    Dodd drove through a red light and hit Mr Williams motorcycle.
                    He then fled the scene.
                    Dodd will have to serve nine months before he can be released.
                    What further info would you like Cap S?
                    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                    . .

Comment

Yet another disgusting outcome!

Comment

A link to the whole article I think would be better.

Comment

Captain S, i commend you on your restraint. Getting emotional and raving about injustice's with little information is a very dangerous slope people.

The real tragedy here is the fact that the unfortunate motorcyclist was unable to protect themselves. Too often these types of incidents happen without real preventative studies or development of road safety being implimented.
                          There is ALWAYS something we as motorcyclists can do to protect ourselves and make riding safer for US. DO not rely on others to look out for you as YOUR saftey is NOT thier priority.
                          http://www.elitemotorcycletraining.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mustard View Post
                            The real tragedy here is the fact that the unfortunate motorcyclist was unable to protect themselves.
                            Totally. Definitely should stop at red and green lights where there isn't a clear view in all directions, unless someone is behind us, in which case we just need to pull over, as long as its safe to do so, and if its not, then.. oh fuck. The world will implode.

Comment

Abort abort he's dividing by ZERO!!

Yes a link to the whole article would be nice. Judges justifying sentences would be nice also...
                              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                              . .

Comment

Working...
                              X