Latest developments in the safety initiative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest developments in the safety initiative

I'm surprised there's no comments on this.
    Speed cameras will be doubled - The West Australian

Last night I got home to a local paper report of 2 teenagers, walking down the street, being killed by a driver "alleged" to be over twice the DD limit. What really amazed me was the comment that "police are investigating if speed was a factor". Well of course they are, they've got a camera for that, but catching people DUI requires bodies on the street....

Caveat- This is a local paper report, add salt as appropriate.
    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

I'm in nsw atm- there are fucking fixed speed cameras everywhere!

even out in the sticks there are freaking cameras going into towns for calcing ur mean open rd speeds- these are very very shit!

I imagine the only reason we aren't already like nsw is that revenue is proportional to population density

Posted via Mobile Device
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Mr Johnson your a dick

Comment

Mr Johnson said the existing 27 analogue Multanovas would be replaced with dual-lens digital cameras which cost about $170,000 and can photograph front and rear registration plates. This meant that motorcycles, which do not have front plates, would no longer escape speeding fines....

Mr Johnson said he believed the increase in cameras would help to save many lives on WA roads. Road Safety Council chairman Grant Dorrington said he was delighted by the plan, which was a key recommendation of the 12-year road safety strategy which the council had presented to the former Labor government in August last year.
        sky is falling,, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah

<obligatory dorro and robdog shortbus party comment>

shmeh

Comment

If we had a person with a red flag walking in front of every vehicle on the road, I am sure the road toll would drop and lives would be saved...

Comment

I'll buy a carton for anybody contributing to a speed camera, fixed or mobile, being reduced to an unserviceable state.

This offer will never expire.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
              If we had a person with a red flag walking in front of every vehicle on the road, I am sure the road toll would drop and lives would be saved...
              Depends on how often the people with red flags got run over because people "didn't see them".

Comment

yup, lots of squished flags, and jalopy drivers claiming "SMIDSY, but you must have been speeding"
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I know he deserves (in theory) to be judged on the policies of his government and his Ministerial performance rather than his appearance ... but fuck it, I'm just shallow like that.

Does anyone agree that this man has an extraordinarily square head?

I'm thinking Max Headroom square. Kryten square. Pencil eraser square.
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Mass protest outside his electoral office?
                    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

On what grounds?

More importantly, on what grounds that won't make us be portrayed as having a sook that we will now be treated like everybody else?
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

On the grounds that they are wasting money on something that doesn't save lifes
                        "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

ok, have you got evidence, alternatives and a rational way of putting it all together?

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                            I know he deserves (in theory) to be judged on the policies of his government and his Ministerial performance rather than his appearance ... but fuck it, I'm just shallow like that.

Does anyone agree that this man has an extraordinarily square head?

I'm thinking Max Headroom square. Kryten square. Pencil eraser square.
                            Looks like this:
                            Originally posted by Abuse this
                            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Droopy!!!!

Originally posted by Melkor
                              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Working...
                              X