ATM Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATM Fraud

Just a warning guys, I check my bank daily to monitor my funds and found this:

As you can see, $1000 has been taken from a Commonwealth Bank Australia ATM in Burwood, NSW @ 1:13pm WST today. Seeing as I have my card on me and my wife has hers on her (she is overseas where she can't even use it) we suspect fraudulent activity.

It was taken using my wife's card number and Bankwest's systems show that no PIN was used at the withdrawl. I've filled the relevant forms and should be investigated this week hopefully.

PLEASE BE WEARY WHEN USING ATMs OR EFTPOS MACHINES ANYWHERE FOR SCANNERS OR MICRO CAMERAS.

I suspect the culprits got the info using those scanners and maybe created a dummy card with the PIN built in to take the cash ($1000 max). The card is on hold to prevent more funds being taken.
    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

that sucks dude but glad to hear you caught it early! Banks are pretty good these days with getting unauthorised money back, i bet your heart skipped a beat when you read the statement though.
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

oh no...good luck

Comment

I'd rather be WARY than WEARY at ATM's but it is a good point. I work for NAB and there was a massive amount of fraud done in the NOR suburbs like Mindarie, Clarkson and Quinns. Skimming was the cause. Just make sure you check your statements and the ATM's that you are using.
        (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

My Bank's (Bankwest) Investigation Dept rang me this morning to tell me they had cancelled my card and will be sending me a new one due to my card having been used where scanning devices were located.

Fraud's popular today.

Comment

This happened to a dude I work with today too, they got $1200
            Originally posted by browncow
            Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorby View Post
              I'd rather be WARY than WEARY at ATM's but it is a good point. I work for NAB and there was a massive amount of fraud done in the NOR suburbs like Mindarie, Clarkson and Quinns. Skimming was the cause. Just make sure you check your statements and the ATM's that you are using.

ah yes gotta love romanians

Comment

That's like my first spelling mistake ever, c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
                  ah yes gotta love romanians
                  Gotta love racial profiling.

Comment

Thats gotta suck, hope you get it back mate!
                    ZippySig.com

Comment

Whats a scanner and how do we know if our card is safe from those things while at a ATM?

Comment

did you use your card at the royal show? there was a woman on the radio today saying hers got skimmed at the show, someone in NSW took $600 out.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                          Gotta love racial profiling.
                          ummmm 3 roms were charged for those offences ???

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
                            Whats a scanner and how do we know if our card is safe from those things while at a ATM?
                            There was a PDF going around explaining it fully. Basically dodgy karnts attach some devices to an ATM that allows them scan peoples cards and video their PIN. These devices are built to blend into the ATM so at first site will appear to be normal...

..found the PDF:

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...ness_guide.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by xplosiv View Post
                              did you use your card at the royal show? there was a woman on the radio today saying hers got skimmed at the show, someone in NSW took $600 out.

Just saw this on the 6 pm news channel 7. If you used your card at the show you'd best be checking your account balance.
                              All the gear, all the time.......No exceptions!

Comment

Working...
                              X