Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email [email protected] from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

R1 not starting in Thornlie

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 not starting in Thornlie

Hey guys,

Stuck at the Thornlie caltex at Thornlie square shops

Filled the r1 up with fuel and it wouldn't start after that, recently it has ha some issues starting but after trying everything I can think of It still won't start

I've checked the killswitch, fuel switch and even battery connections

If anyone's nearby with jumper leads or something that can assist it'd be much appreciated

You can get me on 04********

Cheers,
    Graham
    Last edited by DreamTheater; 27-09-2011, 05:07 PM.
    Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Battery is also pretty much flat from an hr of intermittently trying to start it

Comment

All Sorted now cheers

Comment

Never mind just saw you've got it sorted

Comment

Thanks for the offer to help

A mate came down who lives around the corner & started it with jumper leads and it started first go no worries

then...

he leaves and I go to leave and stupidly I put it into first with the stand still down so it cuts the engine and I can't start it again!!

Lucky he came back & jumped it again & now I'm home

Time for a new battery

Comment

You should check why it went flat in the first place!

Comment

Yeah that's a good idea, sometimes the bike has trouble starting when it's hot.. I went for a 5 hr country ride on Sunday and it started no worries all the time though so it's a bit random.. I did a few google searches and the most common issue was the battery followed by starter motor or wiring - wiring looks okay under the seat and hopefuly the battery fixes it and it isn't a starter motor issue

Comment

I had a similar issue on one of my R1s. In the end it turned out to be the stator needed to be replaced. Since then I havent had an issue. The constant heat cycling had caused the magnets to delaminate from the stator assembly and they were all stuck to the inside of the rotor assembly.
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Ouch, that's no good.. hopefuly mine's only the battery.. if it is the stator it might be worth buying a new engine with low k's as my clutch is slipping a bit and it's close to 90,000k's too.

Mines an '01 R1 too if that makes any difference

Comment

Why would you buy a new engine ?

Just get a stator from the wreckers and replace the clutch plates.

If you do buy a new engine Ill take yours off your hand for $50 ..
                    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I found some clutch plates for $50 which I'm picking up tonight & i'll probably swap those over on Saturday and hopefully the stator is okay

Yeah I was thinking of building a go kart if I do replace the engine, it'd be an awesome project and lots of fun if/when it's finished

R1 turbo quad sounds insane! a planned future build?

Comment

Working...
                      X