Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email [email protected] from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

4wd stuck in swamp-jandakot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    He certainly did. It wasn't even a river crossing, its a bloody lake! Who the hell tries to drive across a lake?
    My girlfriend's son did the same thing at Skeet Rd this time last year, we had to climb out the windows & stand on the roof until help arrived.
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
      I see whut you did thar... it seems to have something in common with a boat I was helping try to re-float a couple weeks ago...
      The look on the guys face says it all.
      "Fuck."

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
        The look on the guys face says it all.
        "Fuck."
        Especially when they re-float the boat and find the drowned hooker that didn't get out in time - because she was too distracted by the 120 sealed bags of smuggled marijuana.
        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

lol... looks like a job for
          and lots of
          "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
              Your brother !
              Your flesh and blood !
              A person that you're closely genetically linked to !
              Maybe he had this in mind
              Driving on Water - YouTube
              or this
              LiveLeak.com - Special tires on a heavily modified jeep to drive across water
              Stuck in second?

Comment

arh pity I work on that site for the last week in every month, i could have pulled him out no problem, mind you if he's one of the ones that keep running over my monitoring wells out there i probably would have empty a jerry can of fuel over it and burnt it....

4wd heaven around there, that and dumping mull, i found a big removalist box full of it.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMike View Post
                  If ur stuck in mud like that a hand winch is best way to recover the vehicle, hook the winch up tension up the wire then wait 5-10min the wire will slowly go slack as the muds suction under the vehicle releases. Then when line goes slack tension it up again and so on.
                  It's a drawn out process but bar the use of heavy equipment its the best way. Snatch straps and elec winches will just get destroyed if they are used as there is just to much suction under the vehicle to break it free in one go.
                  Had to do the hand winch trick once.. Driving star pickets into the ground for every pull off about 1m for about 100m of mud.... Was not fun at all.

Comment

cum-along?

I had a chain block and tackle in my old shortie fourty for such occasions, thankfully never got that stuck, although the rego plate came off a few times as a shovel...
                    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                    . .

Comment

Geez coulda picked a lighter vehicle to submarine in.
                      Last edited by ReCon; 02-07-2012, 08:58 PM. Reason: inglish farken
                      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

One of my mates 20 years ago. This was a brand new ute the guy in the Khaki was taking out on patrol. Thought he found a shortcut.....took them 8 hours, 2 bogged HJ75's and finally a D9 Dozzer to drag all 3 out. See that "funny angle" the tray is at in the second photo, it sayed that way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	398663_3316086498308_198317306_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	4896695Click image for larger version

Name:	426855_3316088378355_402254787_n.jpg
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	4896696Click image for larger version

Name:	421183_3316085498283_1096845447_n.jpg
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	4896697

I would take the piss out of the original poster but I too have managed to bog a 16ton truck to the axels when I too thought I found a short cut
                        Last edited by Amish Warrior; 02-07-2012, 10:35 PM.
                        Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

He certainly did. It wasn't even a river crossing, its a bloody lake! Who the hell tries to drive across a lake?
                          remember a year or two ago, some idiot tried walking across joondalup mudlake after some a concert or something, ended up gettin stuck over night and needed to be rescued.....when eeeeeediots see mud stupid things happen
                          Spike

Comment

"pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Seems now that skeet rd is pretty much all developed alot of locals are heading to behind the brick factory. Seems to be alot more entry tracks opening up, used to only be one or two
                              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

My cousin making the best of a bad situation a few years back when I got my first 4x4. From that point on it was known as 'HMAS Terrano'

Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

Comment

Working...
                                X