Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email [email protected] from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

Flat tyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat tyre

No, not me thank god.

Turned up to a meeting tonight, guy on a bike behind me turns up. Turns out he got a puncture on the ride here ( from bunbury nonetheless). Rode 10kms on a flat to get to the meeting on time.

What would be the best way to deal with the flat after we get out of this meeting? Puncture repair kit at the servo maybe?

Edit:located in Belmont

Tyre is for a Kawasaki zx6r
    Originally posted by DailyBanana
    That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Doubt you will find a repair kit at a servo... Never looked tbh.
    Hopefully someone on here can lend a hand, I don't have a kit. Thanks for the remonder
    for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
    for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
    for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

Always carry a bike tyre repair kit in your bike. This will get you out of the shit when you're at the side of the road until you can get home or to a tyre shop

Surely someone there has one? I have a kit but i'm like 50km away...
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Front or rear tyre?

How big a hole?
        Originally posted by Skut
        ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

Rear tyre. Not sure on hole size

Comment

It's a common practice in England for motorcycle couriers to use a self tapper coated with superglue to plug holes. A guy on a Triumph forum I'm on had 12 screws in a rear tyre that he replaced while he was a courier in London. The other option is to simply ride. I rode from Toodyay to Canning Vale via Lower Chittering Road on a flat rear; once you're rolling the rotation "inflates" the tyre enough for the Forrest Highway.
            Originally posted by Skut
            ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

Help is on the way.

Thanks [MENTION=8416]shortSteve[/MENTION]

Comment

hope it's not a tubed tyre lol
                faster ya go closer to nirvana

Comment

shortSteve, bring it here and we'll put a mushroom plug in it

That's if the poor guy wants to go home to Bunno tonight

Comment

Sorted it out [MENTION=7149]Stoneville[/MENTION]

Although the guys poor wife probably wasn't happy having to pick him up.

Comment

Thanks Sandra, should have texted me. The tyre was BALD! about a 1/2 inch slit in it, 2 plugs only just slowed the leaking, pumped up to 40 psi, he was going to leave it at a nearby 24hr police station and get picked up. Needed a new tyre.
                      yes, i am ignorant
                      yes, i am a prick
                      no, i don't care
                      you make me sick

Comment

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                        Thanks Sandra, should have texted me. The tyre was BALD! about a 1/2 inch slit in it, 2 plugs only just slowed the leaking, pumped up to 40 psi, he was going to leave it at a nearby 24hr police station and get picked up. Needed a new tyre.
                        pfft, he was obviously running slicks, n00b

PS: good work, but must have been a bit of a pain in the arse to rescue someone whose lack of maintenance may have partly contributed to the problem due to no tread bufferage
                        Last edited by Kristy; 30-04-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

clown shoes. always a good idea to leave an obviously unroadworthy vehicle with the cops. i'm betting the front wasn't any better?
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            clown shoes. always a good idea to leave an obviously unroadworthy vehicle with the cops. i'm betting the front wasn't any better?
                            We all know its the safest place, never any cops there!
                            Remember browncows lil honda, if it and spuddy's gpx had an obese large capacity child, it would have been this bike.
                            yes, i am ignorant
                            yes, i am a prick
                            no, i don't care
                            you make me sick

Comment

We all know its the safest place, never any cops there!
                              Remember browncows lil honda, if it and spuddy's gpx had an obese large capacity child, it would have been this bike.
                              the horror!

edit:
                              double clown shoes for riding up from bunbury with that

Comment

Working...
                              X