Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email deej@perthstreetbikes.com from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

First time taking pillion - tire comes off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time taking pillion - tire comes off

So last night I was heading back from a party with a mate on the back (gave him a lift there too), turn onto great eastern and the back wobbles like mad. Managed to keep from falling off, pull over to the BP immediately on the right and looks like the tire came off the hub... we're both mid 80 kg so I'm guessing there was too much weight on the back. Walked the bike a few kilometres back to a mate's place to leave there and managed to get myself home. Lesson learned.

So, altho it isn't immediate was wondering if anyone here would please be able to help me put the tire back on and pump it with air? Or direct me to a service which provides this? I've never changed a motorbike tire, and my old man who has helped me with all the basic motorbike maintenance is overseas at the moment.

Any help/time would be really appreciated and repaid with a bottle of your choice or an amount we agree on. The bike is garaged in redcliffe at the moment.

Cheers

Let that be a lesson to having >1 dick per bike
    ...that is if you're a dude too.

Sucks BTW, hope someone gets you sorted
    How low do you think the pressure was? must have been stupidly low? If excessively low pressure, weight would have played a part, but not on its own if the tyre was within the ballpark of what it should be.
    Is there any damage to the rim? If so, might not be so easy to just pop the tyre back on and pump it up.
    Last edited by Kristy; 21-07-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
      Let that be a lesson to having >1 dick per bike
      ...that is if you're a dude too.

Sucks BTW, hope someone gets you sorted
      How low do you think the pressure was? must have been stupidly low?
      Haha yes, this is my punishment for breaking the sacred commandment... I also got him to hold onto my sides because it felt like he was bouncing around on the back too much. Yeah, I'm a dude, only other time before this I've taken a passanger was in Thailand on a scooter, but my gf is about 38 kg so barely felt like she was there.

I honestly didn't know what pressure it was - but probably too low for having a similar weighted passanger. Didn't even cross my mind, and yeah lesson learned, lucky I didn't come off.

Comment

I edited my post, prob while you were responding to mine - is the rim damaged/bent/ground away - I assume it's had some direct contact with the black stuff?

Comment

It looks like there's superficial damage to rim - like scrapping on the sides closest to the wheel, but from memory it didn't seem like it was bent out of shape if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
            my gf is about 38 kg.
            Da Faq, is that even healthy ?

Have you checked if she's alive ? Or do you date skeletor ?
            2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
            2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
            2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
            2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Can't help you with putting the tyre back on unfortunately, but if all else fails, take off the rim and take it into a bike place? If it were me I'd be wanting assurance the rim is still straight and good to go.

Comment

She could be really short...
                160kg on a bike is fine...
                If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                  She could be really short... young
                  that's what you meant to say, right? /bear that looks pedo-like

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post

Dunno, she eats like a horse, just is a foot shorter than me and doesn't seem to put on weight. Some people are lucky

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    Can't help you with putting the tyre back on unfortunately, but if all else fails, take off the rim and take it into a bike place?
                    Yeah no dramas, that's an idea tho, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                      She could be really short...
                      160kg on a bike is fine...
                      Thats what I thought, according to the manual the max weight is 180, which we would have been around with all gear/backpacks etc. Tire pressure probably wasn't high enough.

Comment

Tyre pressure is on the swingarm,
                        as is the load rating, 160kg on a cbr250 is not over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
                          Thats what I thought, according to the manual the max weight is 180, which we would have been around with all gear/backpacks etc. Tire pressure probably wasn't high enough.
                          Learn something? General bike maintenance includes but not limited to checking tyre condition and pressure.
                          Step up your game or you could kill someone, you i don't give a shit about but if you killed some innocent bystander or other road user because of your negligence you could likely go to jail and have to live with the fact you shortened some bodies life,robbed them of a child/mother/father.
                          General maintenance is important, don't just get on and ride.

Sorry if this seems harsh but its pertinent. You should notice if a tyre is that low in pressure pretty much as soon as you ride it. Either that or its been slowly getting lower and lower meaning you haven't checked your tyre pressure in some time.
                          A good rule to follow is check chain adjustment and tyre pressure every second time you fill up, maybe its over the top, but it sure as hell would have likely stopped you almost binning your shit with your mate on the back
                          for passing your r-e test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-57420/
                          for passing your R class test see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-thread-97314/
                          for passing your intermediate excel training coarse see here- http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...course-163460/

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post

Yeah but you can see she has a bone....Badoom tish
                            I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboy View Post
                              Learn something? General bike maintenance includes but not limited to checking tyre condition and pressure.
                              Step up your game or you could kill someone, you i don't give a shit about but if you killed some innocent bystander or other road user because of your negligence you could likely go to jail and have to live with the fact you shortened some bodies life,robbed them of a child/mother/father.
                              General maintenance is important, don't just get on and ride.

Sorry if this seems harsh but its pertinent. You should notice if a tyre is that low in pressure pretty much as soon as you ride it. Either that or its been slowly getting lower and lower meaning you haven't checked your tyre pressure in some time.
                              A good rule to follow is check chain adjustment and tyre pressure every second time you fill up, maybe its over the top, but it sure as hell would have likely stopped you almost binning your shit with your mate on the back
                              Well thanks for telling me you dont give a shit if i die

generally i check tire pressure once a month and pump it up if needed, i definitely didnt notice or feel it being low - but that was just me on it. i do check tires for wear/tear, check and lube chain every fortnight ~ 500-600 km.

but yeah, i fullly accept that i should have checked tire pressure and take it on the chin that it was my fuck up - im not certain if it was the cause of what happened, but i agree its important to check regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X