Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email deej@perthstreetbikes.com from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

broken down mill point/coode st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken down mill point/coode st

Hi guys, rectifier shat itself on the corner mill point road and Goode st on the learner friendly ride. If anyone has a trailer ramps to help me out I'd be greatly appreciated to get back to marangaroo, plus a carton/bottle

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my tag is griffo_94, but can't login properly on the mobile
    Last edited by Visitor; 18-03-2014, 09:43 PM.
    Tomorrow: A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Avatar used with permission from Mekon

Live to rides heading off who's my shadow, if you need a contact number its 0416212816. Please do not contact him as he is on his way home
    "If you're happy, I'm happy. If you're unhappy, I'm happy. I'm generally a pretty happy guy."

Comment

did this get sorted?
      theres no hope for the weak

Comment

I hope so, just got home and tried to ring, went to messages.
        If no-one else offers, I've got a trailer here.

Comment

[MENTION=39039]griffo_94[/MENTION] ended up pulling his seat off and checking the battery terminals while we were waiting for a ute/trailer. The negative was stupidly loose, so we tightened it and gave it a go. Sparks off the positive terminal this time so pulled that apart and reconnected. Bike came to life pretty easy, so did a quick test run down to the carpark and back.

He was happy it would last and headed for home. Hope he got there, did tell him to post in here when he did.
          Tomorrow: A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement is stored.

Comment

Hey guys got home all okay, dropped the bike off and let [MENTION=22689]livetoride[/MENTION] know what the go was. I'd like to thank everyone who stayed around to help and offer their time and effort, it means a lot when I've only had the bike a week
            "If you're happy, I'm happy. If you're unhappy, I'm happy. I'm generally a pretty happy guy."

Comment

Damm batteries, it's always the batteries!!!

I was thinking kill switch, but with all the lads around that one would have ogtten sorted quite quickly

Good to hear you and the bike are home safe

Comment

Hey [MENTION=39039]griffo_94[/MENTION] did you get this checked out any further?

With those sparks that were coming off the positive terminal I would be getting your electronics, battery & power commander checked over to make sure no permanent damage was done. Not sure how long it has been shorting out like that, but you don't want it happening again. Even making sure the battery is getting adequate charge etc would be a good start.

Comment

We havent yet, but gonna get a voltage meter and have a look at it all tonight, and go from there.

Well before Tuesday night, i only rode it once and the lights wouldn't come to life after i stalled it coming out of the driveway. Took her out for a little bit last night and it started first go, without hesitation

Comment

Working...
                  X