Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email [email protected] from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

Broken down Cnr Vincent and Charles St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken down Cnr Vincent and Charles St

Hey PSB, my VFR has broken down and as far as I know the battery is fucked. If anyone has a bike trailer or lives nearby and can lend some garage space then I would be grateful/can reimburse with alcohol.

Message me on 0423109208 if you can help
    Rest in Peace

We're on the move

Comment

Got garage space up near Cyclemania if that's a help.
      -

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=38419]ride2live[/MENTION] for the jump and the lift to Bunnings, she'll be staying inside until I get it fixed. Thanks for the offer [MENTION=11297]agrid[/MENTION]
        Rest in Peace

Comment

Be sure to check your charge rate. There may be a reason the battery failed.
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

I had the same thing today, rode over to Scabs then all the way up the coast to Burns Beach, then started heading home got the the set of lights just before Gnangara and Alexander and lost all power! Had to pillion home to go back and get it with the trailer

Who'd of thunk that a battery only lasts 7 years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
              Who'd of thunk that a battery only lasts 7 years!!!
              Bloody hell!!! That battery owes you nothing!!! In fact, Yuasa should have sent you an invoice 3 years ago!!!
              I always leave my batteries on trickle charge when not in use. So far, my 2010 R1 still has the same battery since it left the factory/shop. Of course, now that I have posted this, it will shit itself at the most inappropriate and humiliating moment and within 30 days of this post!
              I live with fear everyday, but sometimes, she lets me race!

Comment

Originally posted by 66 View Post
                Be sure to check your charge rate. There may be a reason the battery failed.
                Common fault with VFRs is that the regulator rectifiers are notoriously shit, it's the only functional thing on the bike Honda went cheap on and as a result I've been stranded twice now. She's going to live in a workshop from Wednesday onward until I spend all of $50 to buy a new one. Electrical faults are an absolute demon..
                Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Scorcher View Post
                  Bloody hell!!! That battery owes you nothing!!! In fact, Yuasa should have sent you an invoice 3 years ago!!!
                  I always leave my batteries on trickle charge when not in use. So far, my 2010 R1 still has the same battery since it left the factory/shop. Of course, now that I have posted this, it will shit itself at the most inappropriate and humiliating moment and within 30 days of this post!

mm maybe cos I ride them all the time? Anyways, getting a new one this arvo for $80 from Savage Suzuki, come to think of it, better get one for the thou as well, that hasn't been changed out and nearly as old!! 78k and 88k from one battery is pretty good in my books Bet these new ones don't last as long!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                    mm maybe cos I ride them all the time? Anyways, getting a new one this arvo for $80 from Savage Suzuki, come to think of it, better get one for the thou as well, that hasn't been changed out and nearly as old!! 78k and 88k from one battery is pretty good in my books Bet these new ones don't last as long!

Still exceedingly lucky: my 600rr went through 2 batteries in 7 years, average life expectancy in my experience is almost bang on 3 years.

Ridden pretty much every day, etc.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                      Common fault with VFRs is that the regulator rectifiers are notoriously shit, it's the only functional thing on the bike Honda went cheap on and as a result I've been stranded twice now. She's going to live in a workshop from Wednesday onward until I spend all of $50 to buy a new one. Electrical faults are an absolute demon..
                      $50? Hardly sounds enough for a battery let alone a regulator/rectifier. I would definitely take the time to use a multimeter to check the R/R and the stator.
                      If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob View Post
                        $50? Hardly sounds enough for a battery let alone a regulator/rectifier. I would definitely take the time to use a multimeter to check the R/R and the stator.
                        I've been lurking on the 400greybike forum and according to them, the fix for the R/R costs ~$50 from eBay. If it's anything other than that (which I'm hoping it's not), it will be more. It had a new battery put it before I bought it, so it'd seem unlikely to need a new one within a year. I found a really good guide on how to diagnose the common electrical faults on this bike, and I'll definitely be using a multimeter to work out if it's just a cheap fix or something a bit more complex
                        Rest in Peace

Comment

It's a honda

It's almost certainly the rec/reg

It's about the only thing thats ever been a widespread issue for honda.
                          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            Still exceedingly lucky: my 600rr went through 2 batteries in 7 years, average life expectancy in my experience is almost bang on 3 years.

Ridden pretty much every day, etc.
                            mm haven't put a battery in the Honda yet, that's an 09 model, might be a Suzuki thing? the K8 Gixxer thou hasn't had one yet either

Comment

[MENTION=7149]Stoneville[/MENTION] : Do you park your bike under cover at work? Heat can apparently degrade batteries, so I'm just wondering if mine being parked outside at work on 40 degree days could have something to do with it.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X