Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email [email protected] from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

trouble with engine coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with engine coolant

Not road side, but am trying to bleed my radiator after flushing the coolant and it keeps pouring out everywhere. Need help.
    2012 Suzuki GSX-R600 Black with Lowered Seat, Rad Guard, R&G Frame Sliders, Hel Braided Lines, Vortex Rearsets
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEL...FK0eXmo3exQB_Q

Need more detail, sounds like you haven't put a hose back properly.
    -

Comment

I have a gsxr600 flushed the coolant out with destilled water connectrf all back up and tiltrd the bike from left to right to remove air bubbles. I turn the bike on to run for 5 minutes and the coolant starts pouring out of the rad cap everywhere.
      2012 Suzuki GSX-R600 Black with Lowered Seat, Rad Guard, R&G Frame Sliders, Hel Braided Lines, Vortex Rearsets

Comment

Is radiator cap back on?
        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
        Who died while defending his right of way;
        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Nop, i left it off for the air to bubble off.

Comment

Originally posted by tim661 View Post
            I have a gsxr600 flushed the coolant out with destilled water connectrf all back up and tiltrd the bike from left to right to remove air bubbles. I turn the bike on to run for 5 minutes and the coolant starts pouring out of the rad cap everywhere.
            You didnt flush the engine hot did you.

Comment

Coolant will expand with heat as well as spill out with the pump.

Does it have a thermostat that is not open yet?

I am not 100% sure but I would have thought run briefly with cap on then stop engine and let air out.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Wait for the bike to be cold. Flush system, fill with distilled water at radiator till its full. Fill overflow to the line. Leave the rad cap off. Start the bike it gets up to about 85 degrees, stop the bike. Refill the radiator to the top, put the cap back on. Start the bike and let it run till the fans come on. Switch off and wait for it to cool. Refill with water if necessary and off you go. Thats what I do.

Comment

So there must be air in the systen still. If anyone is free to lend a hand this morning would be apprexiated othetwisr i ll have to get it trailed to a garage. I live in maylands

Comment

And how do u know when the system is free of air

Comment

Yeah you still have air in the system run it with the cap on once it starts getting above normal temp but not over heating shut it off wait for it to cool down enough to Remove the cap top up to the correct level and fill overflow to the top run it again doing the same process that should clear it you may need to do this a few times if you have an airbleed nipple on the cooling system open that and it will clear quicker
                      K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

And how do u know when the system is free of air
                        i think you are doing it right. i run the engine up with the rad cap off too for the same reason. its not necessary to run it so the temp comes up so much that the system overflows. just give it some cold revs to blow any air out and top up repeating until the level stabilises, then close it up.

on the r1, the overflow reservoir level is visible without removing anything so checking before and after every ride takes no time. as chewy points out when the motor is hot expect the reservoir level to be high and when the motor is cold, expect it to lower.

did the fluid overflow that reservoir, the first time you brought the motor up to temp with the rad cap on?
                        Last edited by g0zer; 26-01-2015, 10:00 AM.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

What do you expect it to do? The cooling system is designed to run at a higher pressure, to increase its boiling point. By removing the cap the coolant is subject to a lower pressure, will boil and piss out everywhere. This is why you don't remove a radiator cap from a car which has been running, as the sudden decrease in pressure is gonna make the coolant instantly turn into steam and burn yourself.

I normally flush the system, fill it up, let it run with the radiator cap off, give it a few blips of the throttle and press against the radiator hoses to help remove any air. Run the bike as normal (with cap on), let it cool down, and top up fluid accordingly.

Comment

Well i have tried everything. I ll get it towed to a garage next week and reflushed and refilled. Dooh.

Comment

Nah man, just follow the instructions we all gave you and you should be sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X