Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email deej@perthstreetbikes.com from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

FML - left bike on park in Fiona Stanley basement, anyone got a charger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML - left bike on park in Fiona Stanley basement, anyone got a charger?

Fuckity Fuck.
    Left zed thou on park by accident and drained battery.

Anybody help with a charge?
    No flecking idea how I'm gonna get to the battery either, fucksticks!, am off for a smoke... Numbers below, appreciate the help...

Nevermind.... Someone hit the kill switch, battery's all good, should have checked that first... Bit passed that someone's been touching my bike, but I'll deal with that later

Lol I have done literally the exact same thing. Left my park light on in error. Came back to what I thought was a dead battery as the bike didn't start. Spent 20min trying to push start the bastard only to realise I had been kill switched.

Comment

I never leave it on park, so when I saw the tail light on, it's the first thing that popped in my head... Dead battery... It was just as I hit send on the post, and was walking away for an angry smoke, i thought I'd just double check it the kill switch, and low and behold...

Comment

Someone may have seen your lights on and hit the kill switch thinking it would turn them off

Comment

Rookie error

Just in case your battery or someone else's goes flat, why not carry a jump starter? I carry one that's the same size as my Samsung S6, just about double the thickness. You can use it to charge your phone on the go as well via the USB port. It'll easily start a 6 cylinder car a couple times and will start motorbikes multiple times.

Around $60 from eBay and comes in various mA/hour ratings.

Comment

Glad to hear you are all sorted Snow.
            Don't you normally park up near me in P1? The reason I ask is that the down ramp to the next two floors can be pretty handy if your battery does go flat, the surface is a little slippery but can be used for a rolling start... ask me how I know
            Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
            "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

Good shout on the pocket jump starter [MENTION=24398]Speed Dealer[/MENTION]... Will invest for future use...

And yeah, [MENTION=32269]NAK3D[/MENTION], used to park the old bike up top, but it got very busy after FSH opened up. Plenty of room down the ramp, and away from prying eyes, so started parking down there... Actually thought about you first, didn't know if you were still around mate...

Comment

wow them portable jump starter things are friggen awsome.

im gonna get one just for the sake of having one. never seen anything like it. maybe ive been living under a rock somwere?
                Originally posted by Paraletic
                little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

-

Comment

Originally posted by Sn0wcr45h View Post
                    Bit passed that someone's been touching my bike, but I'll deal with that later
                    Really? I'd rather someone killswitch the bike than be stranded somewhere because I forgot to turn my lights off.
                    Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
                      Really? I'd rather someone killswitch the bike than be stranded somewhere because I forgot to turn my lights off.
                      Hmm.. Why would the kill switch stop battery drain? My understanding is that the kill switch stops power to the engine. Might be wrong though... But the fact that the kill switch was on, and park lights were still in, makes me think the kill switch wouldn't have stopped battery drain per Se...

I guess if there's background battery use by the engine even when switched off, then the kill switch might help reducing the engine battery drain when the lights are taking power as well, but I can't see any reason for the engine taking battery power when switched off..

Comment

Originally posted by Sn0wcr45h View Post
                        Hmm.. Why would the kill switch stop battery drain? My understanding is that the kill switch stops power to the engine. Might be wrong though... But the fact that the kill switch was on, and park lights were still in, makes me think the kill switch wouldn't have stopped battery drain per Se...

I guess if there's background battery use by the engine even when switched off, then the kill switch might help reducing the engine battery drain when the lights are taking power as well, but I can't see any reason for the engine taking battery power when switched off..
                        Maybe I misunderstood? As I understand it, you left your park lights on, someone killswitched the bike to turn them off, and you then thought your battery was flat, then discovered it wasn't?
                        Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
                          Maybe I misunderstood? As I understand it, you left your park lights on, someone killswitched the bike to turn them off, and you then thought your battery was flat, then discovered it wasn't?
                          Nah, I came back to the bike to see the rear Park lights on. Tried to start and wouldn't crank over, so immediately thought the battery was dead. Got past experience from an old 250 long time ago going flat when in park, so now make conscious effort to not put it in park unless emergency on highway.
                          So, yeah, lights were still on, bike wasn't cranking, thought dead battery, but no, was kill switch.

Comment

Oh, so you are the one with the Z1000.

Hi.
                            I park the black and red GSXR near you whenever its raining. (but usually park at carpark 6 if its dry, as I work in the SRS building)
                            My Boss also parks near you with the newish black FZR. (or scorpio or RZ350 occasionally)

Comment

Working...
                            X