Announcement

Collapse

CLick for Rules for Roadside Assist Section

STRICT RULES & INFORMATION FOR THIS SECTION:

WARNING: This is not a general discussion section. This section is reserved expressly for post started by those people in need of IMMEDIATE breakdown assistance. Please do not START a thread in here unless you need assistance. Any registered user may RESPOND to a thread started by the person who needs assistance, but no banter please, keep this strictly on topic so valid communications can be easily referenced.

This is not an accident or injury response section. If you have had an accident and are injured, please call 000 for assistance.

If you need breakdown assistance support from a PSB volunteer, please do as follows:

1) Ensure you and your bike are in a safe location to prevent exposure to damage and personal injury. If you are injured and need medical assistance, contact 000.
2) Create a new post in this section with the subject titled “Help Wanted – Suburb”.
3) In the body of the post please put as much detail as you are able including but not limited to:

(a) A good description of your actual location including street name, direction, nearest cross street, or any other information that you feel would be of assistance for someone trying to find you.
(b) Details on what the issue and the kind of assistance you need. EG: “Bike broken down, both bike and I require movement to Victoria Park”.
(c) Provide details of where you and/or bike need transport to.
(d) Provide your mobile telephone number if available.

If you don’t have a phone that has internet access to make the above post then contact someone who does have internet access and they can create a post for you.

If you are able, continue to monitor this thread for updates and responses.

What will happen now:

1) When you create a thread in this section an email is sent to all regsitered PSB volunteers automatically. It will also be monitored by those using the forum at the time.
2) They will visit this thread for details, and if able to respond will make a post accordingly.
3) If you have provided your mobile number, the respondent will likely make contact with you to let you know they are on their way and provide an ETA.

NOTE: This is not an accident response thread, meaning to say, if you have had an accident and you are injured, please contact 000 and ask for an Ambulance. This section is to respond to non life threatening or injury situations.

For the avoidance of doubt (and stupidity) do not post in this section if you are wanting help moving your bike somewhere were it does not relate to assistance required for an immediate breakdown need.

If you have a bike trailer or other facilities that could assist PSB Members who have broken down, and would like to register as a PSB Assist member, please email deej@perthstreetbikes.com from the email address you would like on the register so that you can be added.
See more
See less

250 with petrol leak, crnr of Kenwick link and Albany hwy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 with petrol leak, crnr of Kenwick link and Albany hwy

Hey all, got a Honda 250 Repsol with a petrol leak on corner of Kenwick link and Albany highway, just across from Bunnings. Chinese guy, English not so good. Anyone around that can help him get his bike home to willeton?
    [REMOVED number]
    I'll be here for next 15 minutes, just trying to help a fellow rider out.
    Last edited by Sn0wcr45h; 31-03-2017, 08:37 AM.

Ok, so, opened the tank and I could see fuel... So I started her up, which was fine. Then, as I gave a little throttle, she began to choke, and dumped fuel like she pissed herself... Any ideas what the problems might be?

Comment

try Ken at motorcycle ambulance

he might be available 0408958557

[to get it home or to a mech ]

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I'm getting him to ride slowly to my house in Gosnells... Staying in first and no throttle... Hoping he can make it, I'll try storing it overnight

Comment

Good on you ...hope all went well....carbed bike??? sunk/stuck float/s
          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a stuck needle and seat or float that's sunk. Try giving the float bowl ( bottom of carb) a tap with a hammer sometimes it frees a sticking part up. Top work on helping a stranger out

Comment

Quick update... he never made it to the house, bike ran out of fuel on way there.. managed to talk to a local car mechanic as he was shutting up for the evening, and had the bike stored in there over night.
              He'll arrange today to have the bike moved. gave him a ride to his work after also... Guy was just not having much luck. Hes a chef at the local chinese (tang palace) but his english wasnt very good. new father too, by the looks of the little baby in his mrs' car wen she rocked up tpo translate.

ill pass on the comments about the stuck needle/sunk float to his Mrs, hoping they can get a good mechanic to sort it for them.

Comment

Didn't have the fuel tap turned to prime did he?
                Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

don't think there's a fuel tap on the newer 250s, is there? even if there was, dont think he'd know about it himself to have been messing with it.

Its one of those baby repsols...

Sent a text to his mrs to see if they managed to get things sorted, apparently getting it picked up around 2pm to take to a mech at cannington. hoping it works out for them...

Comment

Working...
                  X