Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

Hey everyone,

Only new to perth street bikes as of today, currently having lessons to get my 250 license, but have got my eyes on the new cbr 250r due later this month. Any advice you may have on either that or a zx2r ninja I'm all ears

Cheers

Hello and welcome

Advice on your choice of bike, well let me see DON'T DO IT!!!!

Pretty sure the new CBR250 will be gutless and a waste of money, but heh what ever .... As for the ZX2R if you can find a good one then, if you must.

Why waste good money on your first bike, chances are you'll have a stack or two, most people rely on selling their 250 to help fund their big bike, so always best to look for and purchase something with decent resale value.

LAMS 1st July next year?? mmm maybe then why would anyone want a year old CBR250R when they can pick up a new LAMS bike??

Check out the Two Fiddy section and no doubt we'll see you out on the road soon

See you out on the road

Comment

Welcome aboard. Lots of 250 and learner here to help you get started
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Welcome to the forum
        www.duane-watson.com

Comment

Hello and welcome to PSB!

"He said my face was punchable...he was kidding...obviously"
          2009 Honda CBR600RR - Akrapovic 'Racing' full system exhaust | Rear Racing Cowl | Black ASV Levers

Comment

Well I wanted a good reliable 250, and was either gna buy the new ninja or cbr. Reviews I've read and watched numerous YouTube test rides an all say to buy the cbr

Comment

Welcome to PSB
              +1 for the cbr250 they are great little bikes just don't get the new one.

Comment

How come? What could be so bad about them??

Comment

Welcome mate, I'm in the same boat as you. Don't listen to any prediction about LAMS coming to WA, its been "in the works" for years now. The market for 250's will be around long enough for you to do your time and move on without the market bottoming out on you. Get whatever feels comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by peteaw View Post
                    Welcome mate, I'm in the same boat as you. Don't listen to any prediction about LAMS coming to WA, its been "in the works" for years now. The market for 250's will be around long enough for you to do your time and move on without the market bottoming out on you. Get whatever feels comfortable.
                    Unless it wasn't a prediction, it is definite. You would know this if you had bothered to do any research at all, including a basic search on PSB. However, you could have saved yourself even that small amount of time because it was Stonie that posted it and she doesnt talk shit. Shes seen more bikes, posts and noobs than you ever will at the rate your going.

As to the new CBR250 I believe the bike savvy consensus was that its gutless. It cant not be really. But hey, its your life and you can be a guinea pig for us if you like! If you buy new you're gonna lose money- same as any motor vehicle. So if its resale you're worried about, buy second hand.

Everyone has their opinions, but there are a few peoples advice I would consider when deciding, and Stonie is one of them. Having said that, I have a Hyosung myself- Stonie hates it
                    Advice is just that- advice.
                    And if she was right and I was wrong Id never admit it anyway ^_^
                    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Welcome to PSB

Comment

welcome to PSB, buy what YOU want dont listen to us! (oh and dont take online/mcn reviews as gospel they can often be full of shit)
                        Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                        Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                        In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                        Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                        And forgive us our lanesplitting
                        As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                        And lead us not into gravel corners
                        But deliver us from hand-held radars
                        For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                        Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Decided to buy a new ninja, so now just need to get a few more lessons, book my test, and then it's off to buy it! Was told to stay away from the new Cbr being a one cylinder & has pretty bad vibrations when your doing above 100kmh

Comment

Hi and welcome.
                            Originally posted by deano68er
                            Originally posted by Sudu
                            Loud?
                            Enough to make ya hard

Comment

Working...
                            X