PSB new guy in Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB new guy in Manning

Hi all. Welcome thread for me, figured it's a good idea to try and get to know all of you guys.

Name's Jarrod, 21 years old. I ride a WR250x, still on my L plates

I'm in Manning but I work in Belmont selling antennas and other broadcast and transmission equipment, but I have one of the coolest side jobs ever: rookie commentator for the drag racing at the Perth Motorplex. Been there for about a month now and having a blast every meeting.

I'd love to be in on any rides where someone's happy to shadow me, especially anything in the twisty stuff! (WR doesn't really do straight line stuff so good...)

If anyone is up to the challenge of shadowing me to the Motorplex, it'll be worth your while. Free Silver pass (stands and pit area) to the event, free meal and drink and $20 fuel money at the end of the night.

Those were the pro's, now for the con's...

I have to be at the event earlier (about an hour) than the first pass.
    I often have to stay back and do awards for about an hour after, meaning I leave at around midnight, so depending on the event, it can turn into quite a long day...

If anyone can lend a helping hand, I'd really appreciate it!
    That bitch took my dollar...

Welcome to PSB

Comment

Hi and welcome along, hope you manage to find someone to shadow you to the drags, hurry and get your licence

Comment

Welcome to PSB.

Lemme think........ I've never ever been to the drags before and I don't sleep till early morning hours. I guess I can shadow you sometime.

Also, check this thread for available shadows-
        Available RE & R Learner Shadows v8

Comment

Had a squiz when I first signed up and I'm in the central area. Problem is trying to get someone to commit to the full day. It can turn into a pretty massive thing. had a good bloke from aussie street bikes help me out and shadow me down yesterday. gave him free entry, meal, drink and $20 and he got to have a good old perve, but it was a 9.30am start and an 11.30pm finish. Long time to ask anyone to stick around.

But I am looking for someone who may want to brave the freeway on Wednesday to help me get down to Whoop Ass Wednesday! Same deal but it's only an evening event. Would leave my place at about 5.30pm and get back to manning at about 11.30pm.

Any takers?

Comment

Well gidday young one! While I cant help you with your plight, maybe you can help me with mine......but first things first.
            So you know Trouble then! Shes a flaggie mate of mine at another track! I think me and a couple of friends will be down this weds - for them, to hoooooooooon, for me : practice race starts, Im nervous as hell!!! Welcome to psb, good luck with the shadow :-)and see you at the motorplex. We will be recognised by our yellow and black bikes with a HUGE 46 on the front

Comment

I'll do an extra special shout out just for you guys then! I love the crowd that rocks up for Whoop Ass Wednesdays. If you can spare a minute and aren't racing, come on up to the commentary box and say hi through the glass! I'd love to have a chat! Hope you smash out some good times!

Comment

N0000!!!!!!!! thanks:-) I wanna discreetly come up, try to not drop my bike, get a time less than - embarrassing, that will do :-)
                Ill be the one discreetly knocking on your window and not making a scene...he he he

Comment

well as long as you're pulling 15 second David Gajet style smokeshows before your run, you're bound to impress! Come up and say hi! I'm always keen to meet other riders!

Comment

ha ha ha, can tell you are young....."impress" is no where near "discreet" !!!
                    but sure young one, will come say......hi

Comment

there is no discretion in drag racing! It's not as terrifying as people say. at least you're not choosing to come down on a Fast Friday where there's 3 times the crowd of a WAW! Looking forward to seeing you and your friends there!!

Comment

:-) thanks......

Comment

Welcome to psb jarrod

Comment

Welcome to PSB mate

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! Hoping to (shadow permitting) see you out on a few rides! If you find yourself at the motorplex and you've got a spare minute I'd love to get to know you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X