Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Newbie here

Hi All
    Newbie here, A friend of mine put me onto your forum as I am looking at buying another bike. I have not had one for 15 years I guess but I have owned 9 so far. Jap bikes, British bikes and a few Harley's.

I'm looking now for a bike to ride to work on nice days (which in Perth with our lack of rain is most) and one that I can take the wife for a cruise on the weekends.
    I'm not into racing bikes and speeding fines nor scooters so some place in between. I'm looking at bikes in the 750-1000 cc range.

I live South of the river.
    Cheers Everyone.
    Originally posted by out_in_front
    #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

Hi and welcome along

The blackbird, FZ1S or N, the Bandit 1250, Triumph Sprint, heaps of nice tourers for comfort etc

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll check those out now.
      I should have mentioned my budget. I like to get out for about $7500 or less if I could.
      Cheers
      #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

Comment

We sold our Bandit to a lucky buyer for $7k a month ago

Heaps of bikes in the For sale section, might just take you awhile to go through them

Stay away from the newer sports bikes though if your other half is any bigger than slight, I won't pillion on any of our bikes, way to hard, knees around my ears!!

The Speed Triple is another good one, best to take a look in the bike shops and see which ones interest you
        Last edited by Stoneville; 27-04-2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hi
          Yes none of us are what you might call uber flexible now a days and yes pillion position on newer bikes do seem to need a degree in yoga.
          I hope to find one that kinda in the middle and will do us both.
          Thanks

Comment

Hello and Welcome to PSB.
            I feel your pain in finding a Pillion Friendly bike- being 6'2'' has it's challenges- but it is possible!
            I have to agree with you on the Positions- If they don't make you do Yoga- they expect you to sit on a Post-Stamp sized seat.
            What Stoneville has mentioned I will give the *Thumbs-up* and have also heard lots of nice things about Speed Triples (I have a serious soft spot for them as well..) If your looking at Triumph, I'd have a look at JCS, My dad bought his Bonny there a while ago (Great Bike!) and they are great people.
            South of the River being?

Comment

Working...
            X