Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to perth!

Hi all,

new to Perth, come from over East. Ride a cbr250r that i shipped over here with me, off my restrictions and onto fulls in DEC (VIC license still)... Ordered the only black cbr1000rr that was coming in on DEC 20 at Rick Gill Honda in osbourne park yesterday... cannnnnnnnnnt wait. $16990... seems a bit pricey but so does everything over here.

Live in the rockingham area, would be great to catch up and go for a ride with anyone thats interested.

Welcome.

Comment

Hello [MENTION=44601]n3tsa[/MENTION] check out the "in the loop" topic, that's where most of the rides get posted up.
      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Hi and welcome along

$16,990 that's not a bad price, I paid more than that for my Gixxer thou 5 years ago

Comment

Welcome along; Perth is pricy. Has something to do with melbourners coming across

Comment

hey guys thanks for the posts. yeah seems like the going price atm, and they do seem to be hard to come by. I just got the insurance quote through SWANN, $1700 per year full comp. wow, considerably more than im paying for my little 250 ... Also another dealer was telling me that the 2013 CBR1000RR is the last of the 1000 CBRs because a new model is being released next year soooo now im wondering if i should pre order the new model when its announced (maybe nov??) or stick with my current order. decisions....decisions...

Comment

Insurance seems a bit pricey are you youngun ?
              Also just a heads up lots of bike thefts in perth ATM, so lock your new toy up tightly.
              I think all these bike getting nicked are heading overseas or something
              sigpic

Comment

Hey... im 26 so didn't think it would be that bad but the price u pay for having a bike thats quick as hell I suppose

Comment

Morning! Welcome to PSB.

I lived in Melbourne for a while (in a caravan just outside Frankston). Perth's fucking heaven in comparison
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                    Morning! Welcome to PSB.

I lived in Melbourne for a while (in a caravan just outside Frankston). Perth's fucking heaven in comparison
                    O it would be compared to franga... used to ride down there from st kilda for a decent weekend ride... nice area but the people are certainly colourful.

I rode from my place in rockingham to the office in perth today. First time on the perth freeways with the bike. I find unless u lane split which I have no problems with it took me about 50 minutes in traffic eeach way. Some people here...like melbourne dont seem to like it much that u are "winning" the race home while they sit their in their cage. Had one guy flip me off randomly hahaha.

Comment

Sounds about right, Perth teaches you offensively defensive riding (if that makes any sense)
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by n3tsa View Post
                        hey guys thanks for the posts. yeah seems like the going price atm, and they do seem to be hard to come by. I just got the insurance quote through SWANN, $1700 per year full comp. wow, considerably more than im paying for my little 250 ... Also another dealer was telling me that the 2013 CBR1000RR is the last of the 1000 CBRs because a new model is being released next year soooo now im wondering if i should pre order the new model when its announced (maybe nov??) or stick with my current order. decisions....decisions...
                        Welcome to Perth! Swann is usually pretty good. I've got mine insured with SGIO online. See if they are any cheaper. I'd hang out for the newer model if they cost around the same TBH. Possibly some newer tech added to it...Or bling!...

Comment

If you're younger AAMI seem to target that market with good rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                            If you're younger AAMI seem to target that market with good rates.
                            just tried them this morning, $1870, same with SGIO. looks like there is no getting out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by n3tsa View Post
                              just tried them this morning, $1870, same with SGIO. looks like there is no getting out of it.
                              Not sure why they hitting u so hard, I have a 2013 Ducati Diavel and my insurance is only $600 a year and that includes cover for my helmet and gear.. that was thru SGIO ???
                              '13 Ducati Diavel,
                              B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) Western Australia Chapter - "No Child Deserves to Live in Fear" TM HELPLINE 1800 11 2131

Comment

Working...
                              X