Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privyet

Hello fellow riders,

If you live in the North Metro area I have no doubt that me and my little 250 Ninja have been causing you no end of grief, so, I'm sorry about that. However upon acquiring my unrestricted license and acquiring a very beautiful R6 I figured its about time to make some ties to the riding community.

So hello, I'm Sam, I'd like to play in traffic with you sometime.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Hi Final Spark, i live North Metro and to be honest I hadn't noticed you, but here you are and welcome to the forum so have a look around and enjoy, there is lots of good information, experience and knowledge to be had about motorcycles and riding in Perth.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Hi mate, welcome to the site. R6's are a fun bike - they are made for the track, come up to trakdays / ridedays etc learn to ride it well and set it free in its natural environment! You won regret it!

Comment

Hi and welcome along

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
          Hi mate, welcome to the site. R6's are a fun bike - they are made for the track, come up to trakdays / ridedays etc learn to ride it well and set it free in its natural environment! You won regret it!
          That's the plan. Going from a 250 to a R6 is a bit interesting though, low revs they feel like my old ninja but the instant she's over 3000rpm I'm holding on for deer life as my helmets rattling around. Needless to say, at the top of my agenda is skill improvement and updating my gear. She's a really beautiful bike and I'd hate to side out on the track because I was over confident (Though, in saying that there's less chance of that than being driven into on the Mitchell). But some day, some day soon mate, I'll be out there.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Hi Final Spark, i live North Metro and to be honest I hadn't noticed you, but here you are and welcome to the forum so have a look around and enjoy, there is lots of good information, experience and knowledge to be had about motorcycles and riding in Perth.
          I don't know whether to be offended or glad; I'm going to go with glad, though saying "I [used to] ride a black Ninja 250" doesn't really narrow it down. Though I'm probably the only one who wears gear and has an Akrapovic pipe, that might narrow it down. But if I haven't got that reputation as "That cunt on the black ninja" then I'm probably doing better than I thought.
          "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Comment

If it makes you feel any better:
            1) You weren't the only 250 with an obnoxious exhaust.
            2) We hate you all.

But never mind that, you ride a real bike now Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Manyak View Post
              If it makes you feel any better:
              1) You weren't the only 250 with an obnoxious exhaust.
              2) We hate you all.

But never mind that, you ride a real bike now Welcome!
              I actually had no idea how much having a restricted license was weighing on me. If it gives you any consolation; I hated myself too... just a little bit. Atleast I never rode a scooter, I can hold my head high as far as that's concerned. And I really did love that bike; it's a bitter sweet feeling that I've out grown her.

I might take her on the learners ride this Halloween as a final farewell.

Comment

You were one of those 250 ninja riders that never waved or nodded back weren't you...

Congrats on the upgrade. You can now smile, be happy, and have enough power to get away from the traffic. Playing in traffic is for scooters

Welcome to the forum. See you out on a ride sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
                  You were one of those 250 ninja riders that never waved or nodded back weren't you...

Congrats on the upgrade. You can now smile, be happy, and have enough power to get away from the traffic. Playing in traffic is for scooters

Welcome to the forum. See you out on a ride sometime soon.
                  I spent 3 months trying to get my respectful nod down to a science; quick enough not to be distracted, obvious enough to be noted. Thank you very much.

And playing in traffic is allowed when there are FFC machines in the area. :p

Thank you all for the welcome.

Comment

Fuck off we're full.

Sorry, wrong thread. Welcome. I'm no longer in perth but if you make it over to NZ, yell out.

Comment

hall0
                      Originally posted by Rich...
                      You got me in trouble...

Comment

Privyet eah, you`d better type Привет (Hi)
                        If we`ll ride some time together I`ll give you more words in other language .
                        Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Final Spark View Post
                          That's the plan. Going from a 250 to a R6 is a bit interesting though, low revs they feel like my old ninja but the instant she's over 3000rpm I'm holding on for deer life as my helmets rattling around. Needless to say, at the top of my agenda is skill improvement and updating my gear. She's a really beautiful bike and I'd hate to side out on the track because I was over confident (Though, in saying that there's less chance of that than being driven into on the Mitchell). But some day, some day soon mate, I'll be out there.
                          Well it sounds like you have your head screwed on a heap more than most of the guys stepping up to their big bike! The first few trackdays / ridedays levels are relatively slow and theory intensive, don't be worried about going to quick as it not be going that quick at all. You will get taught to corner, get your body positioning right etc and have time to really gel with the bike. Get through that and you can step up to level 2 where you start to open it up a bit! Best to get in early before you start to form bad habits too.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                            Well it sounds like you have your head screwed on a heap more than most of the guys stepping up to their big bike! The first few trackdays / ridedays levels are relatively slow and theory intensive, don't be worried about going to quick as it not be going that quick at all. You will get taught to corner, get your body positioning right etc and have time to really gel with the bike. Get through that and you can step up to level 2 where you start to open it up a bit! Best to get in early before you start to form bad habits too.
                            >Bad habits

Good point, I tend to pick up those. But I don't know about my head; I just know what grated cheese feels like.

Originally posted by vosHonda View Post
                            Privyet eah, you`d better type Привет (Hi)
                            If we`ll ride some time together I`ll give you more words in other language .
                            *Pulls back on the fishing line*

Это был мой план с самого начала моего друга

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                            Fuck off we're full.

Sorry, wrong thread. Welcome. I'm no longer in perth but if you make it over to NZ, yell out.
                            Will do, it might happen as I am a sheep shagger myself.

Comment

Welcome.

Never let the revs on your R6 drop below 4000. Problem solved
                              Originally posted by Desmo
                              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X