Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got a bike - Next step licence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got a bike - Next step licence...

Loooong time lurker finally posting thanks to the recent purchase of my first bike. Started looking for a bike in 2008 when I first signed up but that got put on hold for a while.

Bought a 1987 Honda GB400 TT featuring 400cc of single cylinder - Air cooled - Radial Valve fury.

Needs a bit of work to tidy it up, had horrid bar-end mirrors, torn seat, no rear brakes, cactus battery and generally grubby.

Already stripped it down to start the process and should be back together and on the road shortly.

Looking to attend a few learner rides and try and maybe find a shadow for weekend rides or even morning/arvo rides to/from work (Joondanna - Midland and back again) would be perfect ^_^

Couple of quick pics:

I do also work at a motorcycle dealership (The Honda Shop - Midland) so flame away!

Nice bike. Don't they run the same engine as an XR400? If so parts wouldn't be a problem.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Cheers, is a slightly different setup from what I have researched but effectively just a de-tuned XR400 motor. Also many similar parts to models like the XBR500 etc. If the engine ever goes bang it would be the perfect chance to drop a tweaked XR650 engine in there!

Comment

looks sweet, would love to see this when it's all fixed up and running

Comment

Nice!

If you're into classics have a look at the perth cafe racers facebook page, heaps of really nice enthusiasts there and there is a ride organised at least two or three times a week. I'm sure someone would be willing to shadow you to help you get experience up.
          Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
          Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

nice looker...luv the speedo n rpm dials
            what was it about the bar end mirrors(maybe a lil large,hard to tell in pics) you dont like?
            anyways enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
              Nice!

If you're into classics have a look at the perth cafe racers facebook page, heaps of really nice enthusiasts there and there is a ride organised at least two or three times a week. I'm sure someone would be willing to shadow you to help you get experience up.
              Cheers! Yep, already joined the PCR facebook group and will try to hit them up for a shadow shortly

Originally posted by bennings View Post
              nice looker...luv the speedo n rpm dials
              what was it about the bar end mirrors(maybe a lil large,hard to tell in pics) you dont like?
              anyways enjoy
              Mainly the giant bolts that were long enough to hit the tank and that one was metal putty/welded back together by the last owner!

Comment

I would offer but my only bike is completely torn down for powder atm ^_^

Beware, before you know it the PCR boys will have your clipons, headlight and gauges much lower down the fork tubes
                Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Nice looking bike there mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X