another one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another one!

hey all. new to the scene, have my PDA next week so hopefully out on the road soon. Just got a cbr250r nothing too flash but it makes me happy I wanted to also get my wheels powder coated but I have neither the tools nor the knowledge to remove wheels from bike and it seems like all the powder coating places require the wheels stripped etc. yourself, anyone know a place that will do it all for you?

Anyway here it is, hope to see many of you on the road this riding season

most bikes its actually very straight forward to remove yourself.

usually just one bolt going through the hub. just make a note of what order any spacer rings or how the speedo drive sits in the hub and you should be sweet.
    Originally posted by Paraletic
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

If you do remove them yourself, make sure you slide something in between the brake pads so they do not close up while the wheels are off.

Welcome.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

The first mod you should do is get a really loud exhaust pipe.

Welcome to PSB

Comment

all the best! I had the same bike and was happy with it as my first bike Welcome.

Comment

Welcome!

Opinions are like arseholes I know, but the best money spent on a 250 is to ride the thing.

I believe you are referring also to removing the tyre from the wheel? I don't know of anywhere that will remove the tyre, dip, and then refit. There are a couple of places that will plastidip the wheel with the tyre still on, maybe an option if you are adamant that you need the colour changed.
            We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
              The first mod you should do is get a really loud exhaust pipe.

Welcome to PSB
              the bike came with a cf yoshi exhaust .. seems plenty loud to me lol, already will be waking up the neighbours when I ride out for my 4am shifts

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by GETAGRIP View Post
              Welcome!

Opinions are like arseholes I know, but the best money spent on a 250 is to ride the thing.

I believe you are referring also to removing the tyre from the wheel? I don't know of anywhere that will remove the tyre, dip, and then refit. There are a couple of places that will plastidip the wheel with the tyre still on, maybe an option if you are adamant that you need the colour changed.
              yeh I might just plastidip it myself if I'm ever bothered. It's not a big fuss to me, will probably keep it the way it is, don't have time to do all that oh well

Comment

What colour? If you want them white be prepared to clean them every five minutes.
                Originally posted by Desmo
                Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Welcome.
                  Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
                  Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
                  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

Alrighty! Welcome to psb.

Id leave the wheels if they are ok, and just ride the bike. Save the cash for the big bike in 12 months time. But you could also just try a wreckers, and see if they have any good wheels pre coated... Two wheel wreckers in Osborne Park or motorcycle wreckers in Kenwick, they'd probably have some decent wheels for ya...

Comment

Don't do it, spend your money on petrol.
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
                        Don't do it, spend your money on Trackdays.
                        fixed*
                        Here lies the body of Harold Day
                        He knew it was his right of way.
                        He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

Welcome abdul i really like that name, you cant go wrong with a honda.

Comment

yeah fair enough, wasn't planning to go bigger bike but the temptation might come in time ...I'll just ride it as is

Comment

I like to paint my wheels black - matches the colour of the chain grease when it flicks off. Coloured rims end up being a pain to clean all the time.

Shiny Up

Hooooooondaaaaa ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X