New to Perth, new to bikes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Perth, new to bikes!

Hi everybody. So I've finally started my 3 year dream of riding a bike. I've just moved here from Ireland and put off getting my licence back there because of impending plans to move here. Now I'm here and settled and hoping to pass my test in a couple of weeks time. I've had a good few lessons. Just hoping to get in some more road experience before the test. If anyone would be so kind as to shadow me it would be more than appreciated and I'm happy to pay in fuel, food, beer etc... If not I'm hoping to get on some group rides when I pass my test.

I've loved the dual sport/adventure bikes so I got myself a klr650. Looking forward to getting out on the open road.

Welcome, just in time for summer.
    Enjoy the learning curve; it is the best, most fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithg View Post
      Hi everybody. So I've finally started my 3 year dream of riding a bike. I've just moved here from Ireland and put off getting my licence back there because of impending plans to move here. Now I'm here and settled and hoping to pass my test in a couple of weeks time. I've had a good few lessons. Just hoping to get in some more road experience before the test. If anyone would be so kind as to shadow me it would be more than appreciated and I'm happy to pay in fuel, food, beer etc... If not I'm hoping to get on some group rides when I pass my test.

I've loved the dual sport/adventure bikes so I got myself a klr650. Looking forward to getting out on the open road.
      Hi

I dont ride too much on the road but I would recommend watching a guy on youtube called MOTOJITSU. He has some really excellent videos that teach you stuff that is really useful in the real world. Especially his COUNTER-STEERING video as that is something they dont normally teach you for your test but it can save your life. Also on youtube TWIST OF THE WRIST 2 is excellent.

Comment

Welcome along to the forum

Comment

Welcome Keith
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Thanks a million everyone. Looking forward to getting out on some rides!

Comment

Working...
            X