Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back riding after 20 years

Hi all

I used to ride years ago and now i just got my learners. Just bought a cheap 250cc to basically get comfortable riding again and will sell it once I get my license and move onto something else.

Look forward to getting advice and ideas from the experienced riders.

Cheer

GiloC
    Yanchep

Welcome GC, so did you have a licence back in the day or just not get one or have it cancelled?
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Thanks Para045

It was in South Africa. I haven't really needed one until now. I plan on riding a bit now and also doing some bike tours with my kids through Cambodia and Vietnam so I will need my license for insurance purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by GiloC View Post
        Thanks Para045

It was in South Africa. I haven't really needed one until now. I plan on riding a bit now and also doing some bike tours with my kids through Cambodia and Vietnam so I will need my license for insurance purposes.
        If you only have an Australian driver's licence, thoroughly check your travel insurance situation for riding in Vietnam. I have been searching for ages for a travel insurance company that will cover an Australian tourist in Vietnam with no luck.

Many have initially said no problem, but when you ask for it in writing, they won't give it to you and the truth comes out...you're not covered, because Australians can't legally drive in Vietnam unless you have a 3 month Vietnamese Residence Permit.

Many people have recommended me insurance companies, only for me to look into it, and discover they weren't actually covered during their trip.

From the RAC Victoria website:

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          Many people have recommended me insurance companies, only for me to look into it, and discover they weren't actually covered during their trip.
          But did they die...

Comment

If you only have an Australian driver's licence, thoroughly check your travel insurance situation for riding in Vietnam. I have been searching for ages for a travel insurance company that will cover an Australian tourist in Vietnam with no luck.

Many have initially said no problem, but when you ask for it in writing, they won't give it to you and the truth comes out...you're not covered, because Australians can't legally drive in Vietnam unless you have a 3 month Vietnamese Residence Permit.

A mate just got back from Vietnam. Hired a 250 scooter thing. When he asked about insurance, the bloke said 'dont crash' in chopped english. "but what if I do". The reply; "Well then you pay! hahahaha".

Fanged the shit out of the thing and didn't die.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/c05IR0n.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                But did they die...
                Dying would be fine. Being one of those knobs who sets up a go fund me because they cracked their skull open and can't leave the country because they have a $20,000 medical bill or need a medi-vac to Australia...not so much.

Comment

Dying would be fine. Being one of those knobs who sets up a go fund me because they cracked their skull open and can't leave the country because they have a $20,000 medical bill or need a medi-vac to Australia...not so much.
                  My thoughts exactly, I will do it once I am covered by insurance, I wont risk it otherwise, especially with the kids with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Yeah I have found the same issue with insurance companies, spoken to RAC, AAMI and a couple of others with the same answer. I may look at getting the 3 month Vietnamese Residence Permit if I have to.

Comment

Working...
                  X