Another Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie!

G'day all, my names Daniel, just going for my 250cc license at the moment. I just wonder if anyone had any suggestions on a good bike for a tall(and heavy ) rider.
    I'm 6'3", so I look and feel kinda silly on 250cc sports bike,plus I had hip problems as a kid,so the crouched riding position doesn't help. The best I've felt so far on a bike was on a Honda Shadow cruiser and a Honda 250cc Hornet
    Any suggestions?
    These gloves came free with my toilet brush

Gday dude .. and welcome to PSB ..

another one to consider is the kwaka V Eliminator .. ont a bad bike and a good size.

Good Luck
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

hey buddy, i'm about the same size (6'2" and 100kgs) and i've found the Kawasaki ZZR250 to be the best fit for my size. upright sitting position, not a leant over super/sports type, but more of a sports touring feel.

the other one that wasn't too bad size wise was the Honda VTR250, however it doesn't have a tacho which put me off.

just go to some larger dealers like causeway honda and sit on all the 250cc's for at least 5mins per bike to see how they go.

Comment

Gday Dude, welcome to the world of two wheels.
        The Hornet 250 is a nice bike. Heaps of grunt for a 250 and a comfortable riding position. I ride a 900 Hornet and it is awesome.
        So if you can go down and see Dave at Prestige, tell him Red Rooster sent ya. He's got a 250 Hornet there in wicked condition.
        Stay Upright
        Rooster

Comment

Apparently the suzuki across is good for the taller riders, its a bigger looking bike so you shouldnt look silly on it either if that is a concern. Never got to ride one, but apparently they are worth a shot.

Comment

The Hornet 250 is a nice bike. Heaps of grunt for a 250 and a comfortable riding position.
            Thats the CB250, right?? Even I got bored of that one. The GPX cains it.

Seriously, thouggh, if you havent already tried the VTR250 its quite impressive for a nekkid bike and the seating position is very similar to the CB and you wont out grow it on your first trip down the freeway.

Comment

Gday Dude, welcome to the world of two wheels.
              The Hornet 250 is a nice bike. Heaps of grunt for a 250 and a comfortable riding position. I ride a 900 Hornet and it is awesome.
              So if you can go down and see Dave at Prestige, tell him Red Rooster sent ya. He's got a 250 Hornet there in wicked condition.
              Stay Upright
              Rooster

That's the bike I tried sitting on at the weekend, why do the cost so much? they wanted $6,500 for a 1997 with almost 40,000k on it

Comment

ALL 2fiddies are overpriced. It's because everyone needs to get one first.

Unless we got the LAM laws here now... Anyone know?
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Welcome to the forum dood
                  And yes, as pointed out, 250's are expensive because everyone needs to get one first. Demand and supply.
                  Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

we don't have the power-to-weight radio law over here, NSW & VIC do, and i don't think it's on the cards for here in the near future either.

Comment

the other one that wasn't too bad size wise was the Honda VTR250, however it doesn't have a tacho which put me off.
                      The new models actually have a tacho on them since they got the same response from a lot of people apparently. I think they put one in as of 2003, but it might've been a little later.

Comment

The new models actually have a tacho on them since they got the same response from a lot of people apparently. I think they put one in as of 2003, but it might've been a little later.
                        Yeah but unfortunately i'm not looking to buy new, rather about 1998-2000 for my 250cc. so, i think kawa zzr is the way i'm going.

Comment

welcome dude to the world of bikes........keep the rubber side down

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and replies guys,and gal(gpx_gal), but the thread seems to have gone off track a tad! I'm still after suggestions for a 250cc bike for a big guy ( 6'3" 110kgs). Cruisers seem to have the best foot peg position for me. I've heard Virago's are crap. I sat on a Honda Shadow the other day and that felt pretty good.
                            I'm thinking of holding off until I pass my 250cc test, then get my open class learners straight away so I can get a bigger bike.
                            Any info would be greatly appreciated
                            Thanks Dan the Man

Comment

I'm thinking of holding off until I pass my 250cc test, then get my open class learners straight away so I can get a bigger bike.
                              Any info would be greatly appreciated
                              Thanks  Dan the Man
                              dude you can't just get your learners permit straight away for the open R class.........you have to wait about 10mths while on the 250cc class then you can get your open class permits. You then can't actually go for your license for open class until 1yr has passed.

Those guys up there ^^ gave some good advice on bikes I guess.....can't say I can give good advice I only know sports bikes really and not good with knowledge of others. Like you said you don't want a crouched over kinda bike :-).

happy bike hunting though im sure others will pipe up with ideas for ya

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X