HI, another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI, another newbie

Hey everyone. just got my R-E L's on friday. Its something ive wanted to do for about 4 years but after tallking to one of my mates who rides i finally went and got it took me 3 minutes to do and i got 100% i was quite impressed with myself haha.

I'm now in the process of saving for my 1st bike so i can start riding. My mates offered to ride with me to help me out till im ready for my practical test. But after reading the forums over the last 2 days it seems theres no shortage of People willing to help out. Its amazing and im loving the atmosphere already

I'd love to get some advice on what to get.

The 2 im very keen on atm are a zzr250 or cbr250rr. However as im nearly 6 foot and 90kg 1 person i spoke to said i should look at the across as its a bigger bike. I'd love to hear from ppl around my size as to what they have found comfortable. Also the big question... buy from a dealer or privately? and who can do bike checks before i buy it?

Thanks in advance and i cant wait to get a bike and come out on a newbie cruise and meet some of you.

David
    sigpic
    2008 ZX14 SE
    'Prowl'

Hi ya..welcome...you are about to hear a variety of opinions...

But the one correct one is....

PSB Rocks...

Comment

howz goin !
      In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
      The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Hi HLUCIN8
        Welcome to PSB
        Try some bikes on for size is the way to go
        See you 'round

Comment

Hey David,

Welcome to the forum.

Hungry? Why wait? Grab a Savs!

Comment

Welcome aboard, I know a few 'Big' boys on GPX's, but I think the Hyo is a little bigger so not so squashy

Comment

Hi David,
              Welcome to PSB.
              Good luck with the bike hunting.
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

sit on the Hyo its prob the tallest of the 250s around. If you can handle the ribbing its not a bad bike
                If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

Howdy friend !!

Comment

Heyya Dave, welcome to PSB. Enjoy your surf around. Ignore the minor issues with the forum. The mods occassionally like a challenge

Comment

welcome to PSB

Comment

Welcome buddy Save as hard as u can so u can feel what real freedom is...
                        * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Comment

Welcome!
                          Sit on all the bikes you can, Hyo seems like a good bike for the tall people among us.

Comment

Welcome to the circus mate... its um... kinda broken at the moment but kinda not too..

Bikes... both you mentioned will be ok. Im 6'2" and happily rode a VTR250 for a while. Go chuck a leg over a few though and see what feels best to you. After all, your the one thats going to be sitting on it for hours on end
                            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                            Its the little things that make the difference
                            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

gday and welcome to psb...

vtrs aint bad learner bikes

Comment

Working...
                              X