Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all.

Hey all.

I'm a bloke who's ridden quads for a few years, and have gradually become more interested in getting a bike as a daily commuter.

December last year I decided it was time to get my R-E learners, mainly because I found out the prices were shooting up the at the start of the year.

On a day off my parents asked me to book my brother a driving test, and I happened upon a bike instructor at the Licensing Centre. I've been learning for the last couple of months on Saturdays, and I really have come to love it - especially taking rides by the beach.

After experimenting with a couple of different </=250 bikes, I eventually decided if I was going to have the bike for at least a year I might as well ride in style. So I bit the bullet, and am now the owner of a shiny, blue, 2007 ZZ-R250 (A nice looking bike built for people my height!).

After browsing the forum I noticed, among other things, that you have people who are prepared to shadow learner riders. Being a 20 year old learner faced with the reality that, of the few people I know who have their bike licences, none of them are old enough/had their licences long enough to take me out, I think this is absolutely awesome. And I&#39;d love to have a chat with some of the South East R-E shadows, but feel kind of weird about doing that without at least introducing myself.

Hope to get to along with all of you.

Hi ya..welcome...you will find many a shadow and a great deal of help..enjoy..

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Hey Ryven, welcome to the asylum. SOR, Success. Always happy to help out at nights during the week for an hour or so and weekends if the wife allows Anyway pm me and i&#39;ll help if i can

Mark

Comment

Well, wow. I can&#39;t say I expected replies that quickly, or an offer so soon. I&#39;ll message you, ceebeearrarr and, with any luck, we can work something out.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Hi Ryven,
            Welcome to PSB, check the 250 section for the learner rides. Seeya out there.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

gday and welcome the zzr is a great bike good option. Check the shadow list in the 250 section. I live Rockingham and am happy to help if needed.
              If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

Welcome I think you&#39;d find that PSBers more than happy to help with shadowing and you should try and get onto one of the learners/newbie run which is excellent for getting more experience on a longer ride.

Comment

Hi and welcome, as others have said check out the Shadow List in the 250 section and PM someone from your area.

We have a few in the Gosnells/Huntingdale/Kelmscott areas. If you don&#39;t feel right about PMing them, drop a post in the next Learner - Newbie ride in the 250 section and ask for a shadow for that particular ride, we may still have a few shadows available for the 14th if you&#39;re quick.

You can PM me you suburb if you want and I&#39;ll try and hook you up with someone that lives on your doorstep.

Hope to see you out there soon

Comment

Hey, everyone on here is very friendly and great fun to ride with so definately come on a LRN ride soon.See ya out there !!

Comment

Welcome see you out there.

Comment

Heyya Ryven, welcome to PSB! Enjoy your stay and see you around sometime ....

Comment

Welcome!

The ZZR is a great bike to start off on, see you out there some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                            Welcome!

The ZZR is a great bike to start off on, see you out there some time.
                            +1

welcome, c u out there!

Comment

Working...
                            X