Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hi Everyone.

I'm Andrew, been in Perth for 3 weeks now. I'm here for 6 months with work and a mate in the UK who use to live in Freo recommended PSB to me.

I have been riding bikes for 11 years and currently own a Triumph TT600 unfortunately I haven't got it with me though. I don't commute on bikes and most my mileage is spend at speed riding to places like the French Alps and the Nurburgring in Germany.

I'm hoping some of the people on here might be able to give me some advice about the cheapest way to get my bike fix while i'm here in WA. Anywhere i can buy /hire a cheap bike, places to ride, track days (if they have such a thing in WA)??

Cheers

Andrew

Welcome to WA and Australia. Good luck on trying to find a "cheap" place to hire bikes here. I havne't come across one as yet but one of the otehr guys may be able to help. Couple of bikes going reasonably cheap in the for sale section

Comment

hey and welcome to psb

Comment

Go Trakdayz here for your Trackday fix, they were thinking of hiring bikes, but not sure if they sorted it out in the end or not.

Lots of cheapies around, just to get you on the road, then sell before you leave

Oh and welcome aboard

This one would get you on the road at least http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-3000-a-43408/
        Last edited by Stoneville; 23-10-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard - Stoneville's got it right - want cheap? Buy one, ride it, then sell it again when you leave.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

welcome
            If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

buying a bike sounds good but what are the rules over here with regard to the following:

Vehicle Registration - we have a V5 logbook in the UK which basically gives details about the vehicle (like registration number and who is the legal keeper).
              Vehicle Road Tax - we pay a yearly sum for a round tax disc that must be mounted on the bike, to get this the bike has to be insured and have a valid MOT and V5.
              MOT - this is the yearly vehicle test we have in the UK to prove thjat a vehicle is road worthy, I belive you don't have any sort of equivalent test here in Straylia!
              Insurance - is this required by law? If so will it matter that I have a UK licence?

Sorry for all the questions guys but any help would be really appreciated.

Comment

Vehicle Registration - Payed 6 monthly or yearly, around $230 a year
                Insurance - Not mandatory but recommended (Compulsory 3rd party as part of Registration fees)
                Transfer Fees - Around 2 - 3% of Vehicle costs

MOT - Not Unless the coppers give you a yellow/red sticker (un-roadworthy)

Have you got an international license? If so then apply for an Aus license, not sure on this process

Comment

howdy, welcome, have fun while you're here, miss us when ur gone

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                    Vehicle Registration - Payed 6 monthly or yearly, around $230 a year
                    Insurance - Not mandatory but recommended (Compulsory 3rd party as part of Registration fees)
                    Transfer Fees - Around 2 - 3% of Vehicle costs

MOT - Not Unless the coppers give you a yellow/red sticker (un-roadworthy)

Have you got an international license? If so then apply for an Aus license, not sure on this process

Excellent info - cheers taint

All sounds pretty straight forward except the Transfer Fees - what is it? who pays it and to whom?

Comment

Working...
                    X