Noobie insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobie insurance

Does anyone know if you can get insurance on your bike for when your being shadowed etc?
    One day my boat will come, but i will be at the airport.

you can, but it's quite expensive when you don't have the full license.

ring western qbe and get a quote over the phone to see.

Comment

Any bike insurance company should cover you if you are being shadowed according to the letter of the law (assuming you have your Ls that is ). I am insured with Swann and did check and that was what I was told.

Comment

I would expect it to be expensive but its alot more expensive droppin yr spanking new zx6r with no cover eeeeekkk!

Whats insure my ride like?

Comment

Your insurance is the same price, doesn't matter if your on L's it's all the same

Would have thought that you would have sorted your insurance before getting your bike?????

Insure my ride is new, do a search on Insurance and you'll have heaps of threads to review, a lot delve into how bad or good the Insurers have been, good luck

Comment

Iam a learner rider and have just insured my GPX250 today, I was stunned at how cheap it was through Western QBE ... $159 per year (I have a 60% no claim bonus)
            $350 Bike Excess plus a $250 Inexperienced Rider Excess for anyone that has held a motorcycle licence for 3yrs or less, they have also covered my bike gear for up to $4000.

Comment

Originally posted by ~starfire~ View Post
              Iam a learner rider and have just insured my GPX250 today, I was stunned at how cheap it was through Western QBE ... $159 per year (I have a 60% no claim bonus)
              $350 Bike Excess plus a $250 Inexperienced Rider Excess for anyone that has held a motorcycle licence for 3yrs or less, they have also covered my bike gear for up to $4000.
              Is that fully comprehensive cover?

If so, then Jesus Christ, that's cheap.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post
                Is that fully comprehensive cover?

If so, then Jesus Christ, that's cheap.
                yep full comprehensive cover

Comment

Originally posted by New2twowheels View Post

Whats insure my ride like?
                  I believe Insure My Ride is part of Shannon's. I spoke to Shannons about insuring my bike but because I ride it more than a couple of times a week they didn't want to insure me but transferred me to Insure my Ride which will insure people who ride more often.

Quote was quite competitive.

Comment

yep full comprehensive cover
                    Crazy.

I'm paying (I think?) about $400 to cover my VTR250.

That said, I'm in a fairly ordinary town for bike/car theft.

Quotes I've had on something larger are reaching over a grand.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Originally posted by akeracat View Post
                      I believe Insure My Ride is part of Shannon's. I spoke to Shannons about insuring my bike but because I ride it more than a couple of times a week they didn't want to insure me but transferred me to Insure my Ride which will insure people who ride more often.

Quote was quite competitive.
                      Insure My Ride quoted me about $500 and their excesses were much higher than Western QBE

Comment

That sounds really cheap. I just insured with QBE and they quoted me on my 1100 $600 but then i got a quote from ebike and qbe matched it at $400.
                        If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

Insure My Ride quoted me about $500 and their excesses were much higher than Western QBE
                          No sure how old you are but for me on the Gixxer it was competitive to QBE not that I have changed over.

I was just trolling insurance companies for an idea of cost for when it comes due

(Edit: :o Now I know how old you are your right way too much to be charging you)
                          Last edited by akeracat; 08-11-2007, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah well im not really fussed about the cost of it and i didnt really feel the need to get quotes before hand as this was the bike i wanted. I bought the bike spankin new and its only done 217 kms it just sits in my shed as i work o/s so i havnt really been fussed with insurance. But now that im actually gonna learn on it i thought i best get some. I never new they covered you while you were on your Ls. I used to pay 6 grand a yr for my sti that was when i was 17 hehehe.

Cheers for your help guys.
                            Last edited by New2twowheels; 08-11-2007, 06:17 PM. Reason: typo woooops!

Comment

Age is probably the worst factor in insurance. >25= incentive to stay on a learner class bike.

Come to think of it, there's a pretty massive gap in insurance between the GPX and ZZR from some places, largely because one's classified as a learner, the other is classified as a sport. I'm sure the addintional bling doesn't help either...

Comment

Working...
                              X