Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup peoples,

Hi All,

Im Paul, 21 years old, I just got my L's with a friend. Looking for a bike around the $3,000 - $3,5000 mark. Im normally a car nut but Ive also had a fascination about bikes and finally got off my ass to do something.

Hope to see some of you soon when I have my bike and had a few proper lessons.

Also, reading some of the threads I am now confused with the licence etc.

So im a Learner at the moment, when I pass my practical Ill have my R-E licence yeah?? Which is restricted to 250cc

Then I was under the impression once you've had that for a year you automatically get a R licence. But reading the forums it sounds like you have another test to get your R. Is this correct?? If so whats involved in your R test.

Also a few people I have spoke with Believe you cant have a shadow with you on your back (passenger) they need to be on another bike. But reading the book it says you can have a passenger on the pillion. Anyone have confirmation??

Regards
    PAul

Hi Paul. Yes, when you pass your test for the 250 licence, the endorsement category will be R-E. To obtain your R endorsement (open class-big bike) you must sit another test, no less than 12 months after you got your 250 licence.

As to the 'shadow' being a pillion - not too sure about that, but I wouldn't recommend it. As a learner you should be concentrating on operating the bike properly and safely in traffic without having to worry about the extra weight changes carrying a pillion can bring.

Check out the For Sale section of this forum for bikes.

Comment

The instructor can ride pillion, but like scoundrel I would not recommend it. Welcome to the fold

Comment

And Welcome Paul
        Good luck with bike hunting and see you on a ride

Comment

Excellent, thanks guys. Yeah carrying a passenger does seem a little daunting when your a beginner but might come in handy now and then to go to the shops as my dad has his licence. Or at least to an empty car park to do some figure 8 practise.

Will definitely check out the forum for sale section.

Regards.

Comment

Hiya Paul, welcome to PSB.
            Hope you get a bike soon and we seeya out on a ride.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Hi mate....have fun on here and check out the learners section for group rides and shadows....
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by meanman View Post
                Excellent, thanks guys. Yeah carrying a passenger does seem a little daunting when your a beginner but might come in handy now and then to go to the shops as my dad has his licence. Or at least to an empty car park to do some figure 8 practise.

Will definitely check out the forum for sale section.

Regards.
                hey and welcome......dont bother with the figure 8's you dont get tested on them.....just try going round and round in circles till ya get dizzy! lol

Comment

Erm....... some places do figure 8's some do O turns, if you have a decent instructor you will learn to do both anyways.

Anyhoo welcome to PSB, sit back have a read and a giggle, good luck with finding a bike and getting out there soonish.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenSOR View Post
                    Erm....... some places do figure 8's some do O turns, if you have a decent instructor you will learn to do both anyways.

Anyhoo welcome to PSB, sit back have a read and a giggle, good luck with finding a bike and getting out there soonish.
                    Will have to let my instructor know he's crap then

Just do 'em both till you get real dizzy ! LOL

Comment

+1 for learning figure 8's.. even tho most places make u only do O's its still good to master slow control... welcome to psb and good luck with getting ur license buddy

Comment

Hi! Welcome Check out the For Sale section, there have been some bargains lately.

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.

Homer Simpson

Comment

Wow, thats alot of replies in not much time. Dont get that kinda response in car forums and they are usually national not just Perth...

This Kawasaki looks alright, what do you think? Theres also this honda but I think a 150 might be a little bit tooo gutless, plus its a bit more pricey

96 Kawasaki ZZR250
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-zzr250-45272/

01 Honda NSR150SP
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...sr150sp-45139/

Cheers
                          Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X