Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Brisbane

Hi everyone.

My name's Paul. I live in Brisbane's south side and will be relocating to Perth in January. I've been sniffing around on PSB for a little while now as I'm keen to meet some bikers when I get over there and try out some of the popular rides.

My dad has been riding for decades and these days can be seen on his ZRX1200. He’s also quite fond of his classics – namely a 750 Bonneville (manufactured by the original Triumph), and an old 650 BSA Lightning. My grandfather rode for the Royal Signals during his stint in the British Army and was around during the use of both horseback and motorcycle. The photos of the displays they put on involving both are impressive.

I’ve been riding on and off for a couple of years myself – initially on sporadically rented bikes as a means of spending some quality time with my dad. Last year I thought I'd get into riding a bit more and bought a new Yamaha FZ6N. Since then I’ve been on two wheels just about every day and love the biking community and the sense of freedom and comradery on the roads.

I’m looking forward to getting to know the PSB community as I'll be new to everything come Jan.

I’ve included a few shots of the bike.

Cheers.

Cool. Welcome to PSB. I'm actually in Brissy at the moment! Where abouts are ya? I'm in Wellington Point. I have access to a v-rod so I might come find ya and go for a blat with you.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I escaped Qld about 5 years ago. It's not too bad over here, except the locals are a bit odd.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I think there are a few of the ex QLDers here at the moment... along with some current QLDers - you know who you are!!

Let us know when you get here. I'm FIFO so always keen for a bit of a ride when I am home

Comment

I escaped qld 10 years ago.

Comment

I didn't know that Davey, but suddenly the unhealthy bundy obesession makes sense.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Welcome to PSB, hope to seeya about in the new year.
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Ello and welsome to PSB mate

C u out there in the new year
                `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Welcome to PSB ignition. WA = Wait A-while. Slow slow mate.

See ya'z round.

Comment

hey mate and welcome to psb

Comment

Thanks everyone.

It seems that moving to WA is a popular undertaking for Qld bikers. I wonder why that is... mining jobs? change of scenery? Tighter corners?

At least it's good to know that my Bundy taste wont be alone.

Ferris, a ride sounds good. I'm at Springwood and know the Bay area reasonably well. We can organise over PM if you like.

Comment

Welcome.

Corners? WA has corners? Where is this Nirvana you speak of?
                        Originally posted by Viper
                        I'm probably fucking something up.
                        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                        Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR Girl View Post
                          I think there are a few of the ex QLDers here at the moment... along with some current QLDers - you know who you are!!

Let us know when you get here. I'm FIFO so always keen for a bit of a ride when I am home
                          Just have to rub it in dont ya!

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                          I escaped qld 10 years ago.
                          I initially escaped 17 years ago then got caught and dragged back 3 years ago but I have almost chewed through the holding chains again!

Originally posted by ignition View Post
                          Thanks everyone.

It seems that moving to WA is a popular undertaking for Qld bikers. I wonder why that is... mining jobs? change of scenery? Tighter corners?

At least it's good to know that my Bundy taste wont be alone.

Ferris, a ride sounds good. I'm at Springwood and know the Bay area reasonably well. We can organise over PM if you like.
                          Mainly change of scenery and we all know that Melbourne weather sux! Oh and there are no corners - WA is just one straight road!
                          If all goes well up here I will be back late January too! (Only 4 months behind schedule)

Comment

Originally posted by Flamedance View Post
                            Just have to rub it in dont ya!

If all goes well up here I will be back late January too! (Only 4 months behind schedule)

<off topic slightly> You know I do.... hurry up damn you!! You're bike is waiting for you

<on topic> mining is the main reason I'm over here ... oh and the fact that the place is goreous, the people are fantastic and well there are a couple of corners if you know where to look. But since my bike doesn't like to go round corners lots of straight roads suit me just fine!!

Comment

Well I've made it to Perth!

The trip over was really enjoyable. One of the highlights was unloading the bike at Uluru and riding around the rock at sunset. I can really recommend that if anyone ever gets the chance.

We're now based at Ascot and I've already got WA plates on the bike. I'm looking forward to tagging along on a ride in the not too distant future.

Comment

Working...
                              X