Gday all, Scratcha from Melbourne here,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gday all, Scratcha from Melbourne here,

I had bikes as a young bloke, had some more during my mid life crisis and now I have gone and purchased a xj750 triple non runner, locked up engine, I found the forum through a search!

Hope to be on here a bit, so sorry in advance for the stupid questions .

You are welcome. The old XJ would be hard finding experts now I would think. They were much anticipated in the day but did not really catch on.

It would be an interesting classic.

Comment

Try these guys out for advice...very pro, super helpful.
      https://www.retromoto.co/
      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Hi buy a manual don't rely on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post
          Hi buy a manual don't rely on the internet.
          Care to introduce yourself? Its usually how things are done here - just so we know a little bit about you

Comment

Intro It is! Gday all, As previously mentioned, im returning to the blacktop via a seized XS750.

Im a fitty something ( a gentleman never reveals his age) grandfather with two adult kids, two grandkid (aged 5 "Scarlett" and 12 weeks old "Parker .PJ"

having a 30th wedding anniversary looming, the Bride told me to go buy something as a present she could give me......Enter the XS...

She actually likes it! I could have spent more, but I like the idea of the build.

Ive mostly done cars and trucks in the past, this will be my first bike.

After looking on line, Im unsure of which genre ill partake the rebuild in. ie: resto, cafe' or scrambler, There all so cool!

First to get the beast going!

Its 99 percent complete, (the 1% being the running and stopping) has plenty of patina (modern word for surface rust) and was cheap for a going bike but expensive for a non runner!

I work for Metro trains as a workshop Maintenance co ordinator and part time run the family farm (Father in laws part time = all of my free time) doing the mechanical repairs, fencing, stock work etc.

I run a DRZ400 as a farm bike, a z50 for the granddaughter and a DS80 for the bride. when I trans

Comment

Originally posted by scratcha View Post
              Intro It is! Gday all, As previously mentioned, im returning to the blacktop via a seized XS750.

Im a fitty something ( a gentleman never reveals his age) grandfather with two adult kids, two grandkid (aged 5 "Scarlett" and 12 weeks old "Parker .PJ"

having a 30th wedding anniversary looming, the Bride told me to go buy something as a present she could give me......Enter the XS...

She actually likes it! I could have spent more, but I like the idea of the build.

Ive mostly done cars and trucks in the past, this will be my first bike.

After looking on line, Im unsure of which genre ill partake the rebuild in. ie: resto, cafe' or scrambler, There all so cool!

First to get the beast going!

Its 99 percent complete, (the 1% being the running and stopping) has plenty of patina (modern word for surface rust) and was cheap for a going bike but expensive for a non runner!

I work for Metro trains as a workshop Maintenance co ordinator and part time run the family farm (Father in laws part time = all of my free time) doing the mechanical repairs, fencing, stock work etc.

I run a DRZ400 as a farm bike, a z50 for the granddaughter and a DS80 for the bride. when I trans
              Relax, young scratcha - your original intro was fine - dwillia 's comment was for Kelly.999

Comment

Working...
              X