Test/free ride before I commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test/free ride before I commit

I recently rode a friends bike on his property and I've got the bug to see if I do really enjoy it, is there somewhere in perth you can go or book a ride without a licence before I fully commit?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Book a lesson - you'll need a learners permit, but they're easy enough to come by.

Comment

Do you know if already having a c class licence changes how you apply for permit? From what I can see you just have to do the whole process again, I would rather just see if it's something I enjoy after a hour or so first in case it's not for me. Thanks

Comment

Can't help you there I'm afraid, but no one in their right mind would offer you to ride on the road, on their bike unlicensed, whether it be a friend or a company in the business of hiring out motorcycles.

Comment

I definitely didn't mean riding on the road

Comment

You could check out a Track Day, I guess - at Barbagallo - I think Champions hire out bikes - I seem to remember they do half days as well as full - but pricey.

Comment

Just do it right. Take the theory test and get your L's, then you can have lessons at your leisure. It's even multiple-choice, they really can't make it any easier, jesus

Comment

you could go to one of the designated off-road areas, don't need a license for that... like near barbs but you'd still need to hire a trail bike, that would need to be at least off road licensed ( in think...) and you'd have to get it there somehow, probably do-able but not cheap.

on the other hand as mentioned and probably as easy and probably cheaper if you want to ride on the road just go the L's get a lesson, not without a license it'll eventually catch up with you even after many many years of doing as apparently its just not that funny these days..., and that was 25 years ago
                I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

West moto park will hire you a bike or quad, and let you ride their dirt tracks

Comment

If you have a car licence, you could hire a scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
                      West moto park will hire you a bike or quad, and let you ride their dirt tracks
                      Originally posted by datsikk View Post
                      If you have a car licence, you could hire a scooter.

^^^
                      These two are your best (and probably only) options, WMP to ride a dirt bike and see if thats your thing...

Scooter hire for a diluted unmanly motorcycle experience.
                      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                      X