Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post and process for a motorbike license in WA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Post and process for a motorbike license in WA

    Afternoon All,

    First post as starting the learning to ride process for a motorbike license however I had a question about the licensing process for a Motorbike license in WA I was hoping someone could help clear up for me.

    I already hold a standard C class drivers license for quite a while and after passing the WA motorbike learners permit test the Department of Transport website says you learn to ride and then take the Motorcycle Hazard Perception Test (HPT). From what I can work out if you already have a license that is not provisional then you don't need to do a log book of a minimum number of hours before taking the HPT however if you already have a C class license already do you need to wait 6 months from getting the motorcycle learners permit to take the HPT or can you take the HPT after say 3-4 months of learning to ride?

    Thanks.


  • #2
    As far as I know, you'll need to wait 6 months to take the HPT. From there, just take the test whenever you feel ready.

    Good luck with the process, I failed my first test (sped through roadworks ops) and now waiting for my next one. Just hoping to get out before the summer ends.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Nexus,

      Yep, you don't have to fill out a log book if you already have a C class license

      ​​

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HermitCrab View Post
        As far as I know, you'll need to wait 6 months to take the HPT. From there, just take the test whenever you feel ready.

        Good luck with the process, I failed my first test (sped through roadworks ops) and now waiting for my next one. Just hoping to get out before the summer ends.
        Sorry about your test! Damn roadworks are everywhere. I have mine in a month and I'm worried about the same thing. The wait lists for tests right now seem crazy too!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ScootyPuff View Post

          Sorry about your test! Damn roadworks are everywhere. I have mine in a month and I'm worried about the same thing. The wait lists for tests right now seem crazy too!
          Yeah the wait times are intense. Hope your test went well and you got your R-E licence!

          I just managed to get mine yesterday and I'm over the moon. Time to go bike hunting

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HermitCrab View Post

            Yeah the wait times are intense. Hope your test went well and you got your R-E licence!

            I just managed to get mine yesterday and I'm over the moon. Time to go bike hunting
            Thanks mate! I did, have spent just about every free hour this year riding!

            Congrats to you for yesterday! What type of bike are you planning to get?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ScootyPuff View Post

              Thanks mate! I did, have spent just about every free hour this year riding!

              Congrats to you for yesterday! What type of bike are you planning to get?
              Congrats on passing, maybe I'll see you around sometime! I'll probably just pick up a ninja 300 or honda cbr 300r, going to go check out a few this weekend. Seeing all my gear lying around but not having a bike is killing me slowly aha.

              What bike did you end up getting?

              Comment

              Working...
              X