G'day all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day all

Hi all, new to the forums so thought that I would do the intro thing. I have recently bought a 2002 ZX-7R, which is still the best looking bike ever made IMO. I'm working on upgrading a few bits and pieces to get it ready for WA licencing, and will then be buzzing around some of the good bike roads on weekends from there.

I'm Perth born and raised, spend a lot of time overseas from my mid-teens to mid-20s. Started bike-life on a Yamaha DT-125 on the streets of HCMC, and later bought an MZ ETZ-251 and a CBR-250RR. Graduated to a CBR-400RR which was one of the fastest bikes in Vietnam at that stage. Came back to Perth and bought a 2001 ZX-7R which was stolen shortly afterwards. Kids started turning up so I didn't get another bike, until now ~15 years later.

https://imgur.com/qhTBNg8

Welcome to the forum. Bit quiet in here, and has been for a few years now... but a few of us are hoping it'll recover.

Nice bike - one of my favourites too.

Comment

Welcome

Great bike...Kawa/Suzuki fan boi here.
      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Hi Dexx and welcome along, yep thats a very nice looking zx7r. Always have wanted one they are a modern classic and still look pretty cool i think even today, but never been anything that neat around the various times i was looking. Also its green thats the only and correct colour for a zx7r. seen a few red - purple ones around but yeh nah.
        I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys, shame the forum is quiet but such is the fickle nature of the interwebz. Are there still organized rides on occasion?

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Hi Dexx and welcome along, yep thats a very nice looking zx7r. Always have wanted one they are a modern classic and still look pretty cool i think even today, but never been anything that neat around the various times i was looking. Also its green thats the only and correct colour for a zx7r. seen a few red - purple ones around but yeh nah.
          Cheers Heretic, I'm with you on the colour being the correct one. The 2001 model I had was the red/black combo, and while it looked bad-arse it just wasn't the one. Saw this beauty for sale in Victoria and couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Welcome! Yeah it sucks it is so quiet here now

Comment

Hi and welcome Dexx. Such an awesome example of the zx7r! Well done on the score, its been pretty quiet around here lately but keep your eye on In The Loop for upcoming rides.

Stay safe out there
              A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.

Comment

Working...
              X