Grado from West Virginia USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grado from West Virginia USA.

In me 60s, been in it since the 70s, ride a 79 CB750f.

Hi mate, not much going on in here ATM but welcome anyway. Is the cb750 a new to you bike, or have you had it since forever?

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
      Hi mate, not much going on in here ATM but welcome anyway. Is the cb750 a new to you bike, or have you had it since forever?
      Thanks guy. I've had the 79 since 2012. I've also got an '82. Both original paint survivors. Had the back operated on on 2010. Sawbone said he took a medium size shrimp out of my l4 disc. Effin dirt bikes.
      No more knobbies for me. I like walking.

Was lookin for a Yamaha650 Twin to get back out there, but it seems the XS's have all but vanished.

Saw my 79 in a wholesalers garage. I'm the 3rd owner. First guy did track days on it, 2nd guy had torn it down and was gonna cafe it, but lost interest. It was a basket case when I got it. It's a bit heavy, topheavy for sure.
      Its the 4th CB 750 I've owned.

Now, I'm kinda hooked on that era of the CB.
      1979 to 83, first double overhead cams, solid lifters, they came in 3 basic models. F, or Supersport. K, standard,
      and the C models that looked like a chopper kind of.

I find a low hrs oem paint C model, I'll have all three from that era.

Comment

Mods please delete this post
        Last edited by Grado; 20-05-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Is that you Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
            Is that you Jim?
            Nah - I don't think so.. but then nothing would surprise.

Comment

I'll send him your mobile number Andy then if it is and he rings you up in the am you can let us all know.....hahahaha
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
                I'll send him your mobile number Andy then if it is and he rings you up in the am you can let us all know.....hahahaha
                Thanks Steve - you certainly are most thoughtful. I believe you've already given him yours & you chat often

Comment

Lol. Why do I sense I'm on a smoldering battlefield the day after the war?

no boys. just a guy looking around for a place to land. I just typed in street bike forums and this place came up.
                  they closed up Cycleworld Forums awhile back. thought I'd stop by and see what's up. I'm to the point I started my own place with a few refugees from CW. I've always kind of admired the I don't give a fuck thing those from the outlaw colony seem to possess.

Seems a shame, I gather this place was happening for awhile.
                  Hope it comes back.

A few suggestions to those that want it.

Send the guy running this place 50 bucks. It only costs about 400 usd a year to run. 8 guys.
                  Start posting content.
                  Lay off incessant infighting. Make yer point and let it go. To some, being ignored is like a death sentence.
                  Fuck off on politics. It poisons a place. It crosses over to what matters here, that being bikes.
                  Contact the guys that used to post. Even if u have to use fuckerheadzuckerbergs place.
                  The numbers come back, help get some ad revenue. Actually buy some stuff from Vance&Hines or whatever,
                  land let them know u did it because someone mentioned it here.

Or, just let it go. Reap what u sow.

Anyways, enough from this yank, good luck all. Grado @ Cyclevisor.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grado View Post

Thanks guy. I've had the 79 since 2012. I've also got an '82. Both original paint survivors. Had the back operated on on 2010. Sawbone said he took a medium size shrimp out of my l4 disc. Effin dirt bikes.
                    No more knobbies for me. I like walking.

Was lookin for a Yamaha650 Twin to get back out there, but it seems the XS's have all but vanished.

Saw my 79 in a wholesalers garage. I'm the 3rd owner. First guy did track days on it, 2nd guy had torn it down and was gonna cafe it, but lost interest. It was a basket case when I got it. It's a bit heavy, topheavy for sure.
                    Its the 4th CB 750 I've owned.

Now, I'm kinda hooked on that era of the CB.
                    1979 to 83, first double overhead cams, solid lifters, they came in 3 basic models. F, or Supersport. K, standard,
                    and the C models that looked like a chopper kind of.

I find a low hrs oem paint C model, I'll have all three from that era.
                    Welcome Grado, I had a black/red 83 CB750F for over 10 years back in the late 80's/early 90's although mine had had a 900F motor put in it by a previous owner
                    She was a great bike and I did a shit load of km's on it and crashed it/repaired it a couple of times
                    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Ya the black/red paint is a good looking bike. I think 80 to 83 they did that. My 79 is black with orange/red strip, that's how they came that year.

Ha, makes me laugh, the orange strip on my black tank, 3 times I've been fueling up and have had a die hard HD guy approach me. "Hey man, good looking....,,,,ah.......bike". They are half way thru the sentence and notice, it's a freakin Honda lol. The look on their face, it's like they get embarrassed or something. Effin priceless,😅

i figure out the pics thing ill put it up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hey Para. Lookin here. I was wrong, the 83 paint does appear to have a bit of orange in it.

That right there, with that paint, is a rare bike.

Comment

The US model was different to the Australian model, the US had handle bars we had alloy bars from memory.

The 1980 cb 900f boldor i had made 95 hp doesn't sound much today but in 1981 it was quick with a powerband that started at 6500 rpm to red line!

Comment

Working...
                              X