Grado from West Virginia USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grado View Post
    Yeah mine was like this from memory more than the orange Mine had Comstar rims though like the orange bike but in gold and all alloy cases
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Lol. Why do I sense I'm on a smoldering battlefield the day after the war?

no boys. just a guy looking around for a place to land. I just typed in street bike forums and this place came up.
      they closed up Cycleworld Forums awhile back. thought I'd stop by and see what's up. I'm to the point I started my own place with a few refugees from CW. I've always kind of admired the I don't give a fuck thing those from the outlaw colony seem to possess.

Seems a shame, I gather this place was happening for awhile.
      Hope it comes back.

A few suggestions to those that want it.

Send the guy running this place 50 bucks. It only costs about 400 usd a year to run. 8 guys.
      Start posting content.
      Lay off incessant infighting. Make yer point and let it go. To some, being ignored is like a death sentence.
      Fuck off on politics. It poisons a place. It crosses over to what matters here, that being bikes.
      Contact the guys that used to post. Even if u have to use fuckerheadzuckerbergs place.
      The numbers come back, help get some ad revenue. Actually buy some stuff from Vance&Hines or whatever,
      land let them know u did it because someone mentioned it here.

Or, just let it go. Reap what u sow.

Anyways, enough from this yank, good luck all. Grado @ Cyclevisor.com
      I used to be on CW myself what happened to it Grado, I am also still on a few motorcycle forums around the world i have actually lost count of how many really.

Since you're around my age why did you never get into Z1 900 Kawaskis & Gs1000s Suzukis they were and still are pretty big in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post

I used to be on CW myself what happened to it Grado, I am also still on a few motorcycle forums around the world i have actually lost count of how many really.

Since you're around my age why did you never get into Z1 900 Kawaskis & Gs1000s Suzukis they were and still are pretty big in the states.

Well Kelly, I was always a motocrosser first. I like all kinds of bikes, always have. Got my drivers license at 15 and a half on a '71 Kawasaki h1. The blue one. There usually was a street bike in the garage for when I got busted up in the dirt. And it usually was a CB750.
        As far as moving up to the 1 liter bikes, I dunno. Most of the 80s for me was boatin, women and, well, other things. Might have been a godsend not to have one of those 80s superbikes between my legs at that time.🙂

The CW thing, that went belly up about a year ago.
        I think it got hacked, I took a screenshot of it the day it went out. Looked like it was being attacked with a lot of false members, bots, and it went down.

Thats why I started up Cyclevisor.com. A few guys were emailing me, bitching about how hard it was keeping in touch. $100 bucks it cost, for 3 years. A kinda lifeboat for a few refugees from the old CWForums.
        Hey, we are forming a Motogp league for this season. I think it's gonna be pick a guy from the 1 and 2 class,
        total points at the end of the year is the winner. Dunno what the prize is gonna be yet, a one off Cyclevisor t shirt or something. All that are into bikes are welcome.

Wanted to do a MotoAmerica series also, but doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.

Comment

Lay off incessant infighting. Make yer point and let it go. To some, being ignored is like a death sentence.
          Fuck off on politics. It poisons a place. It crosses over to what matters here, that being bikes.
          Welcome, nice bike.

I think politics and current affairs is something that should be on this forum as that way, there is always something to talk about.

Personally I welcome opposite views as it makes one think about ones own opinion. the prob with the web is people join echo chambers and that's dangerous and unhealthy.

I agree about letting things go. This is the problem these days. If someone has a diff view, people see that as a personal attack and get butt hurt / insulted.

No need to call people leftist, right wing, pansies etc...stick to the debate and keep it robust but amicable.

Some dud long gone said "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it"....or words to that affect.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
            Welcome, nice bike.

I think politics and current affairs is something that should be on this forum as that way, there is always something to talk about.

Personally I welcome opposite views as it makes one think about ones own opinion. the prob with the web is people join echo chambers and that's dangerous and unhealthy.

I agree about letting things go. This is the problem these days. If someone has a diff view, people see that as a personal attack and get butt hurt / insulted.

No need to call people leftist, right wing, pansies etc...stick to the debate and keep it robust but amicable.

Some dud long gone said "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it"....or words to that affect.

I tell ya Datsikk, over here, with the Trump thing, it's not only gettin, but it's been, Effin crazy.
            Its like turned into 2 big tribes.
            With most, on either side, having the attitude of, "yer with us, or yer agin us, and if yer not, yer a fucking idiot!"
            Never seen anything like it. Maybe Nixon and the Vietnam war times. That was sketchy times for sure,
            but still second place to what's going on now.

Comment

Nice bike, I've just picked up an '07 cb900f that I quite fancy turning into a 'modern classic'. Any suggestions?
              Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

I loved the CB 900 having owned a Boldor with fairing and a not so good naked one. The way the power came in was exciting and the styling great.

Comment

Originally posted by SH00TA View Post
                  Nice bike, I've just picked up an '07 cb900f that I quite fancy turning into a 'modern classic'. Any suggestions?
                  Well, for me, I find keeping it as stock as possible is what works.
                  Especially as time goes on.

Bikes get wrecked. They get put out back behind the shed under a tarp that leaks and rust away.
                  They get bobbed and cafe'd.

Its the Survivors that become rare. Conversation pieces at the petrol pump. The "oooh and ahhh" bikes at Sunday's ride with a bunch of friends.

I dunno. I wrestle at times with repainting both of them. They would look much better. But, it would not be OEM.
                  Ya, my Fmodel, I have a set of sport bars on it. And a 4 to 1 pipe. But that's about it. I could go back to original from the factory pretty easy.

And ive come to find that's what drives the conversations, the interactions with others, beyond what is usually the case.

Hey, the days of scraping pegs at every turn, and redlining it whenever I can, I'm over that.
                  Not to say it doesn't still happen now and then lol.

At this stage, for me, it's about things a bit different from when I was 18.

Back to your question, keep it as stock as can be.

Comment

Working...
                  X