G’day from Wellard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G’day from Wellard

Hey everyone! About time I introduced myself after weeks of lurking in the shadows

I’m Nathan, but most people call me Tily or Tilhouse

I recently started taking lessons in Rockingham and very recently purchased a neat little VTR250. Keen to learn and have some fun considering I’ve been putting it off for many many years (due to my ex losing an uncle to a motorcycle accident, resulting in her refusing to let me get my license) now I am almost 32 and my new cheese and kisses is more than encouraging when it comes to my hobbies, and her dad has been riding for over 40 years so I’ve got a good mentor!

Picked up some nice gear from the good folks at Western Edge in Rockingham. They were super helpful in helping out a total noob. I’d definitely recommend popping your head in there if you live in the area, great bunch of people

anyway, I’ve waffled on for long enough!

hopefully see some of you out and about very soon 👍🏼

Tilhouse

Comment

Comment

Hi, mate welcome along for the ride, don’t be in too much of a rush to learn everything at once. Excellent choice for your first bike by the way

Comment

Cheers Water Pig! Having next to no experience on a bike, apart from about 10 minutes putting around on a YZ450, I’m definitely taking it slow but loving every minute so far. How did I got so long without experiencing the joy of two wheels?! 😱

Comment

It’s definitely a very addictive pass time, what sort of rider is your new father in law? Long Solo adventure rider, cafe cruiser, Track whore, commuter? Is he happy to shadow you while you’re learning the ropes? Obviously you’re going to get all sorts of advice (some of it may even be relevant) but anything you hear from someone who doesn’t ride isn’t worth shit.

Comment

He’s a short little Italian fella who loves going fast (surprise surprise) but he’s at that age where he just wants to ride to the coffee shop when the weather is nice. Deep down he wants to get a cruiser but it’s not high on their financial priorities at the moment so he’s sticking with his YZF750

He is more than happy to shadow me when our work rosters put us in town at the same time so i shouldn’t have to worry too much about finding a shadow while I’m learning

Does the forum get much use these days? I miss the days of forums and going on cruises, meetups, show and shines etc, I used to be very active in Ford forums years ago but they sort of faded away when Facebook started to gain popularity

Comment

Originally posted by Tilhouse View Post
                Does the forum get much use these days? I miss the days of forums and going on cruises, meetups, show and shines etc, I used to be very active in Ford forums years ago but they sort of faded away when Facebook started to gain popularity
                Yes all forums seem to have taken a hit with Farcebook coming along but from what I know (I don't do FBk) FB is crap for finding info and sharing builds etc compared to a forum so I stick with the place
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Welcome aboard Tilly, yep, forums are in decline, some still do ok. Nice clean VTR250 !!, they hold up well i think, compared to the latest offerings in their class, great little motor, definitely a fun bike to ride.
                  I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Yeah I’ve moved away from FB as well. It’s too cluttered and it’s full of keyboard warriors who like to think they know everything but actually know fuck all

Thanks Heretic! Already loving the VTR! It’s a tiny bike for my size but it’s super flickable and has a surprising amount of torque for a 250

got another lesson tomorrow. Fingers crossed the weather clears up. My first 2 lessons it was pissing rain and blowing a gale...not exactly ideal riding weather haha

Comment

Pissing rain and wind builds character, too many soft pricks about these days

Comment

What a good day for riding! Even if it was a bit fresh

did an hour on the CB125 around Rockingham and then jumped on the VTR and went for a big cruise down to Mandurah Yamaha KTM then went out to Byford and back to Wellard! Felt good putting some kms on the bike. Father in law was a really good shadow, he let me set the pace and only overtook if he wanted to pull in somewhere (we have no comms yet)

great weather, traffic played nice, all in all just a good day on the bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X