New to riding in WA - wondering about fixed cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to riding in WA - wondering about fixed cameras

I’m new to motorcycling on this side of the country. What are the speed cameras - other than those in police vehicles - i need to be worried about? Thanks for any advice. Stay upright and licensed.

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
    I’m new to motorcycling on this side of the country. What are the speed cameras - other than those in police vehicles - i need to be worried about? Thanks for any advice. Stay upright and licensed.
    watch out for red light camera, as some will flash you from the back if you go over the speed limit (East bound Albany Hwy/Leach is one example)
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
      Originally posted by okitoki View Post
      watch out for red light camera, as some will flash you from the back if you go over the speed limit (East bound Albany Hwy/Leach is one example)
      Here is a list of the fixed camera locations, they used to have a rough list of daily locations for the mobiles but now just give a generic list of where they "might be placed"
      There used to be only a handful but it seems like every intersection if getting one these days, it's making using back streets more favourable given the number of intersections and the fact they aren't sequenced for traffic flow
      I haven't seen quite so many mobile speed cameras since earlier in the year during Covid but they do suddenly seem to be coming out of the woodwork
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Apparently some cameras are hidden these days in the bumpers of vans, much smaller bits of kit and therefore not the typical utes that we're used to?

Seems there's a new camera on Stirling Highway as well, there's meant to be some new ones on the freeway?

Waze seems to be worth jumping onto really at this point.
        '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Comment

Working...
        X