hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone

hey everyone, the name's Jim. i'm currently riding a 50cc but planning to get a bigger bike over the next few months! gonna get my learners permit and then to an R-E class. how long does it take before i can ride solo without shadows? thanks everyone.
    vroooom..

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum

You can ride a 250cc without a shadow once you pass the R-E test, which comes after getting your Learner's Permit and lessons.
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Welcome Jim.

Comment

g,day jim ! welcome along

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

thanks everyone! how long does it take from Learner's Permit to R-E? i'm going to register for a Learner's permit nex week!
          vroooom..

Comment

IIRC, once you have your learner's you can take the test whenever. There tends to be a 2-3 month wait, unless you get lucky though..

Have you had any lessons before?

Comment

welcome! =)

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
              Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

hey Jimmy welcome to PSB.
                my experence was 2 months from Learners to RE licence, i had 10 lessons with an instructor and he booked the exam, the only problem was at the time there was a 5 week waiting list with exams, but the instructor seems good at contacting the different exam centres near-by and bumped the exam foward when there was a vacancy.
                good luck with it all
                what bike are u thinking of getting?

Comment

if u have ur car license you can go solo as soon as u pass ur RE test BUT if u dont have a car license or on ur 25hrs shadow riding and 6 month wait....sux

But hey welcome man!
                  Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                  Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                  In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                  Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                  And forgive us our lanesplitting
                  As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                  And lead us not into gravel corners
                  But deliver us from hand-held radars
                  For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                  Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

thanks everyone. yes i do have my full car license. thinking of getting a hyo 250gt. it looks sweet. but if i can scoop up enuf cash i might go for the ninja. anyway, do i have to get a bike first before i can start learning with an instructor? or does the instructor provide a bike for me to train on? and what about exam? do they provide bikes?
                    vroooom..

Comment

welcome to PSB

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyian88 View Post
                        thanks everyone. yes i do have my full car license. thinking of getting a hyo 250gt. it looks sweet. but if i can scoop up enuf cash i might go for the ninja. anyway, do i have to get a bike first before i can start learning with an instructor? or does the instructor provide a bike for me to train on? and what about exam? do they provide bikes?
                        They generally provide a bike mate, both for lessons and the test. $60 a lesson is about right (taking the test might be more with an instuctor), if you've ridden bikes before you might get away with only a few lessons, if you have no experience, who knows...10 or more lessons isnt unheard of, just do them until you're a relatively safe rider.

Your instructor knows when you're ready better than you do

There's plenty of threads about 250's, particularly the Hyo debate so just search for those.

Comment

Working...
                        X