Howz it going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howz it going?

Just joined. Well I'm pretty much obsessed with biked in general. I ride a stock 1998 Kawasaki Zx-6R...not as quick as the newer bikes but she goes hard enough for the year and plus she has low km's. Can't wait to get into some rides with the other riders on here. I also like to tinker round with things in general and is trying to teach myseld how to service and repair my own bike at the moment. I'm looking to upgrade soon as I have had my bike for nearly year now and is geting really bored and its not practical for me as I do a lot of commuting. Looking to get something with a but more go, more comfortable so the girlfriend can tag along in back and not have a numb ass and something that is really practical for geting round(prefably something with more usuable power to apply out on the street). Any suggestions please feel free.

FZ1 would suit you as a pokey commuter/fun/pillion bike.

Comment

Welcome to PSB.

Comment

Cheers. Yeh bring on the suggestions. Like when I have been to the bike shops all they do is talk up their brand of bikes because of the sale. I would like to get some information from riders who have ridden an array of bikes.

Comment

I hear the cbf250 is a pretty mad pillion bike, plenty of power too.

Welcome to psb mate.

Comment

Welcome to psb

Comment

Welcome to PSB mate ...

Another good option for you is try a similar vintage GSF1200 Bandit - you may well be suprised at how well they go as an allrounder.

Worth a test ride if you get the chance..
              When life throws you a few curves
              GET YOUR KNEE DOWN!!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

From a pillion point of view I'd go the Bandit 1250S over the FZ1S or N, I pillion on both these bikes often and my pick is always the Bandit, on either long or short rides.

They are both very good bikes and handle about the same, though the FZ1 in our house hold is used for the speedier stuff the Bandit does rate very highly for different reasons, it will depend on which bike you like the look of.

Go ride a few different bikes and maybe even take your other half out with you, or at least gt her to sit on the back of the ones you are serious about, wouldn't be good to put her off bikes cos she doesn't like to pillion on it.

Usable power on the street?? What do you mean here??? I commuted on a 98 ZX6R for nearly 2 years and put 50thou on the clock, I didn't have any trouble with it :mellow: didn't have any trouble as a pillion on it either ^_^

I think you're just ready for another bike

Comment

Gday and Welcome

Comment

Welcome to PSB

Comment

Hi to everyone.
                      Just joined today.I have been a bike rider on and off since I was 16.
                      I've owned a long list of bikes from a tiny Garelli 50 moped,CB200,CX500 in the uk ,up to XJ750,XJ900,ZR1100,GSX1100G and CBX750F all in Perth ,W.A.
                      The last model mentioned is the one I just picked up at the weekend(cheap)and I am in the process of getting it running.1st problem is rusty fuel tank.I'm off to malaga rust repairs tomorrow to pickup the 3 part kit I need to hopefully get the tank ready to go.
                      No doubt I will have more issues that I will hopefully get answers for from all you lot out there.Thanks again .

Comment

your Garelli 50, Wow, that was the first bike I ever wanted when I was 15yrs, also in the UK. Was it the dirt bike model..?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi, the Garelli rekord was the road model,it sure did whip those yam fsie's easily.That was a long time ago when I was 16.

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X