Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Your Help... PLZZ

Heya Guys,
    Its been well to long before i finally joined your group. But i've reached a time in my life where i need to know more about bikes rather than just knowing how to ride them. i've been on bikes for 10 years (mum didn't allow such fun when i was a kid, so had to wait til i was 18), but thats all i know
    The point is mechanically i don't know shit bout bikes, its rather pathetic as i love my bike so much. i want to get educated but don't know where to get it. TAFE doesn't seem to offer courses and i don't wanna take up a apprenticeship as i work already. i just want to be able to fix small problems if they should arise rather than forking out 300 bucks for a quick fix at the local dealership, and do it as a hobby in my spare time.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers

There are a lot of much more experienced people on this forum, but if you're desperate I'm glad to help - just don't ask me to work on modern bike electrics or anything

Welcome to PSB
    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

As things come up we will be glad to help. Welcome to PSB

Comment

Hi and welcome to PSB
        There is some good info in the how to area.
        One option if you are really keen is to find an older bike that is in need of TLC and use that as a learning platform... Find a workshop manual and go for it.
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Welcome to PSB. I am kinda in the same boat as you are, but really haven't had time to do anything about it. But one day I will.............

Comment

Usually free at the weekends if ya stuck, oh and hi.
            Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

google is your friend in these situations, if you want to know how to do a particular thing just search it. take for example an oil change, how to change oil on a motorbike - Google Search

Also pick up a service manual for your bike from your local kwaka dealer as they have just about everything covered.

if after all that you are still stuck just come and ask PSB, make sure you include as much detail as possible and the guys here will be more than happy to assist
              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
              Q-Zar Fremantle
              Rated-R Parts
              PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
              Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
              CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
              Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

PSB is a great place to start... I have learn lots. Also good to join a forum about you respective bike to get more precise info about your bike when a problem arises or just to learn about people issues in general so you improve you knowledge base.

welcome

Comment

Alert Motocycle School do one, alert motorcycle school :: basic motorcycle maintenance.

Maybe site sponsor Elite does them also?

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Bit unrelated, but I think you misspelt innocence who_me?

/Spelling nazi
                      http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Bit unrelated, but I think that statement should be written 'who me?'.
                        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

lollol semi's on the prowl this morning.
                          Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                          1985 - 2009

Comment

I'm procrastinating.
                            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Me too.

Cept the only place i plan on going is bed.
                              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                              1985 - 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X