Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to get back on!

hey all my name is Ross im 22yrs old and i love bikes,

a few years back my best friend died on a bike accident, a drunk driver hit him on the highway and killed him when i was riding behind him. on my journey to the hospital that night i got hit on the freeway broke my ankles wrists and a few ribs.

But now im ready for 2 wheels again and im not sure what bike i want! i thinking around the budget of $10,000 - $12,000 i did have a 2001 R1 but that was a write off due to my accident.

I am a R1 nut i love those bikes, but maybe its time for a ninja or a gsxr any segestions? and why that segestion?

You want insurance and a lottery ticket Sucks to hear about your mate and your accident, but its good that you're getting back on the proverbial horse.

Take a bike out, try it and when you're happy with it, try another one. Personally, I like the ZX12s but everyone is different. Welcome to PSB!

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Why not look at this 250 to ease u in For Sale 2007 GPX 250 make an offer, no reasonable offer refused - Perth Street Bikes the reason is cos I am trying to sell it to fund an r6 hahaha.

In all seriousness now though welcome back and that is a sad story about your mate and some really bad luck on your part If you check out the for sale section of the forums you may pick up a freaking awesome bargain good luck
      Originally posted by browncow
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Welcome to chaos central Ross87
        Enjoy bike shopping - test ride everything - you'll know what to get.
        See you out on a country run sometime...

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

haha nah man dont want a 250cc but ill let the boys at work know some are intrested in gettin 250's for summer i want a 1000cc or above i wont go below the 1000cc make some might say im stupid but at the end of the day im more caucious if i dont think its safe im not doing it regardless.

Comment

a mate has a zx12r but with an extened swing arm by 1 foot dont like riding it but its proberly cause of the entention on the swing arm?

Comment

how do i find out about these country runs or rides? never been in a bike club before

Comment

If you are looking to buy more like nov/dec I know of a very nice R1 going up for sale.../shamless plug/

Seriously though i'd go around to the bike shops and test ride everything, it's the only way to work out which bike suits you.
                Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                1985 - 2009

Comment

I'd say its the swing arm thats going to hamper it around corners, however a few people have said they don't like them anyway for cornering. I guess you have to keep in mind that the people that say they don't like them have come straight off a 120kg R1/GSXR which drop right in. A ZX12 will drop in.. whether it likes it or not Its just a bit harder/heavier

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

do you have pics of this R1

Comment

yeah but when your on the 12 you know she is just a bigger meaner girl haha love the sound of that ram air intake gets me everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Ross87 View Post
                        do you have pics of this R1
                        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                        1985 - 2009

Comment

how do i find out about these country runs or rides? never been in a bike club before
                          check out the forum called In The Loop, if there is a ride happening chances are it is posted in there, there is a few rides that happen regularly that are 250 friendly to help the learners out, not sure about the big bike rides as I havent paid much attention to them
                          Originally posted by browncow
                          Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

how much do you want for that and how many k's has it got on it now? by the way thats a beautiful R1

Comment

Check out the 'in the loop' section.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/loop/

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X