Greetings from another ex-lurker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from another ex-lurker!!

Hi all all. I’ve been a lurker for some time now (even been spotted once) and thought it’s about time I said hello.

I’m 36 (not sure where all these years are going!) and my name is Rachel. After a false start when I was 18 (dropped bike once and gave up – oh the impatience of youth!), I finally got my R-E a couple of years ago and have had my R for about a year. My partner (his is a GSX1400) and I went for a big ride last October (Perth-Brisbane-Perth) and it just cemented my love of riding (and airhawks!).

I ride a V-Strom 650 - not exactly a sleek bike I know but we get along really well and she’s perfect for long distance (which we hope to do again next year – to Tas for a lap around the apple isle this time). Also I ride to work (Tonkin Hwy/Orrong Rd) so unfortunately my K8 bike is nearly at 25,000kms - but I bought it to ride it after all.

I’ve never ridden with more than two other bikes so am looking forward to going on rides at some point (am thinking the Gnome run looks like the go) we’re feeling the need to stretch our riding legs again - with all this commuting I’m beginning to think my rear tyre is getting to be squarer than a square thing on national square day.

Anyway, that’s me.

Welcome to PSB Rachel!
    Why be difficult?
    Put some effort into it and be IMPOSSIBLE !

Comment

Hi ya and welcome

Comment

Hey thanks!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the jungle Rachel Enjoy your stay! You will fit right in here with all the other bike nuts.
          ZippySig.com

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard Rachel - I'm sure you'll find plenty of opportunities for a group ride in here.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Hi!
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Hi, see you on the Gnome run if not before

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X