...rode me bimota in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...rode me bimota in

Hi folks, me new here, but not new to bikes. Have uploaded shots of the Bimota YB 8 in the garage for anyone's interest.

About me - been riding since the early 80's... old strokers, including an RD 350LC, then Honda 400 -4, 750-4, GSXR 750 slabby, katanas, Honda CB 1100 RC, Ducati MHR 1000, 94 Speed Triple, plus other less notable stuff (all of which were almost affordable at the time). Most recently had a slightly modded ZRX 1200R which was great but a bit too practical and soft.

About the newish toy - Bimota YB 8 wearing YB 10 bodywork. Powered by a carby fed EXUP 1000 motor, making around 145hp (apparently) otherwise stock, and weighing in at around 190 kgs (apparently).

anyhow cheers
    CT

Hi ya and welcome

very nice bike
    Last edited by who me?; 02-10-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: just looked at pics

Comment

Uh hullo and welcome aboard matey!
      I conform with non-conformists.

Comment

Thanks.
        There's heaps of good/interesting/nice stuff on here... I thought I should make a contribution.

Comment

I like the sound of your bikes, past and present mate, welcome to PSB
          http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

welcome along cbt

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Welcome to PSB, very nice bike was checking this model out the other day....damn nice

Comment

G'day

Comment

Thanks for the notes, hey Potato is that avatar your actual bike? If so, its a neat idea 900SS meets superlight meets tri-colour, that looks like a good blend.
                  A mate of mine, who has owned all sorts of rare stuff, rates his yellow mid 90's 900 SS as his most enjoyable bike and saddest sale when he moved it on a few years ago.

Comment

Welcome...

Nice bike...

Comment

cheers. It wasn't a planned purchase.
                      1. Saw it by chance.
                      2. Conferred with Her ladyship.
                      3. Obtained clearance (encouragement even!!)
                      4. Did deal quickly before planets fell out of alignment.
                      5. Rode away smugly.

In honesty, its probably about as competent as a 10 year old fireblade, and cost as much as a 3 year old one.

Probably a leap of faith buying something from Bimota, but most electrics and mechanicals and are FZR based so hopefully it'll turn out ok. I plan to ride it pretty regularly (which it hasn't done so far in its life) and just keep it up to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
                        Thanks for the notes, hey Potato is that avatar your actual bike? If so, its a neat idea 900SS meets superlight meets tri-colour, that looks like a good blend.
                        A mate of mine, who has owned all sorts of rare stuff, rates his yellow mid 90's 900 SS as his most enjoyable bike and saddest sale when he moved it on a few years ago.
                        thats the planned colour scheme,ive still to make up the single seat rear section for it.
                        at the moment its all red with a white rear seat cover.
                        the 91-97 ss is having a bit of a surge of popularity with a couple of members buying them and another on the hunt for one.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
                        X